Payment processor for hemp FLOWER

Yep, plenty of mom & pops approving for d8 etc though.

But many of them don’t last longer than a year.

Thats exactly what we can fix

Aurhotize.net portal?
Nmi portal?
Plaid?

Explain your WooCommerce and Shopify compatibility. Please.

Shopify just announced they wont allow the sell of THC on their platform. We can use authorize.net as the portal. We integrate with Big commerce and Woo commerce. One of the partners is a web designer and developer so we will help all clients out with online verbiage and compliance.

We will be building out s inventory portal to.

1 Like

Shopify link? You’re talking about their payment processing, but not their hosting with third party payment gateways

2 Likes

They might not be fully banning it but they will for sure be cracking down hard.

Yeah that’s misleading. Platform dgaf. Processing does.

Authorize.net is common. Works.

1 Like

if Shopify’s processing cares is it not essentially the same thing? Yes you can use their platform but once they see your running THC transaction will they not shut you down?

I just hate the way authorize looks lol

Nope. If they deny your payment processing that means use a third party. They still want your hosting business

Okay then we can still use shopify thats even better.

1 Like

Shopify seems to be hitting the ban hammer hard on stores selling ANY THC above 0.3%, including D-8, D-9, and D-10.

This is a company policy for anyone using their platform, regardless if they’re using Shopify as a payment processor as well.

source:
https://www.hempgrower.com/article/shopify-bans-sale-of-all-cannabinoid-products-containing-more-than-thc-limit/

Wordpress + Woocommerce don’t seem to be too safe either, CBD + D8 are explicitly banned by a blanket statement in their company policy as well.

source: Store Guidelines – WordPress.com Support

I’m really unsure what CMS actually would work with D8 companies. I can’t imagine every brand is going against their ecommerce provider’s ToS, but idk.

I tried Webflow + Foxycart once upon a time for ecommerce, but that was a pain in the ass to set up properly, and I kind of doubt they’d be ok with D8 and compliant D9 products.

Edit:

more discussion + vendor reporting a sweep on Delta-8 THC on Shopify:

Another correction: WordPress and Wordpress.com aren’t the same. Nor is WooCommerce.

Wordpress is an open source platform. Which you can host anywhere in the world. Wordpress.com offers free hosting, and paid hosting services which you’re inclined to obey.

Please understand the safest option is to always go open source and your own hosting solution. Nobody wants to host their own websites and afford the infrastructure. That’s why hosting services do this.

This again is all misleading because none of this is associated with accounts using third party payment processing.

It’s hard to comprehend but Wordpress is like Android for website building.

Amazon fire is built on Android but pays nothing to Google and Google has no say in what they do with the open source Android.

Simple lack of understanding is all this is from lack of technical experience.

Sure looks like you’re right about Shopify taking a hard stance. Can’t take their software to another host like you can with WordPress however.

Good for my business sucks for people needing to switch over now, it’s still very vague about third party sales / payment processing. Plenty of other hosting options.

Good correction. I confused the wordpress.com statement as being for the whole of Wordpress.

What sort of cart/ecommerce solution do you recommend to avoid this? I know there’s high-risk payment processors who are down with Delta-8, but I’m unsure of how to setup an ecommerce site built on Wordpress without using WooCommerce.

1 Like

WooCommerce is clutch and open source as well.

It works with authorize.net

There are some basic alternatives but most just build on WooCommerce

2 Likes

You can use visa and Mastercard on non-merchant accounts. As a processor doing business only in WA…I can take Visa/MasterCard/Apple pay and many others just through quickbooks because I have local credit unions handling my money. Not helpful for hemp, but helpful for us THC processors out there who do not cross state lines with cannabis transactions, have bank accounts, and do legal business

I am super into auth.net with the low fees. We integrated a game once with auth.net and they do process payments for hemp businesses. If you wanna save money, just build the forms yourself and save money on every transaction with direct integrations. Def for people making serious money to consider

1 Like