Passive Recovery Time

I’m not experienced enough to know what vac/temp you can safely go to…I’m a redneck in the woods…which is why I specified -29hg.

I am interested now though…I was unaware I can pull a vac on my tank with solvent in it, given the temp is low and the vac level isn’t too low. So if I’ve got my tank in dry ice and acetone, I could safely pull -10 to 15hg safely after venting?

2 Likes

Saturation temp = boiling point

5 Likes

Ran a couple pounds of material over the weekend. Pulled vac in my solvent tank instead of just burping, but only to about -15hg. I can absolutely fucking rip on recovery now…holy fucking shit. I know I’m uneducated on this shit…having only learned from reading online and my own experience…but that right there is a break through for me. Massive time savings. Thank you for that piece to my puzzle homie. You’ve taught me so much with everything you post. Much respect.

19 Likes

At that temp and pressure. The only thing you were taking out was the nitrogen. You’re very welcome, man. I’m glad you are doing better with that little tid bit.

9 Likes

can u post the model or a link to a venturi pump the same or similiar to yours?

@DailySmoker piab makes the one I use(not for this purpose) I use mine to vacuum my columns out. Its the air driven one, you can see a picture of one with the c1d1 kit here https://extractiontek.com/hydrocarbon-extraction-options/

Those piab venturi pumps are too expensive and just have a “green tax” written all over them. And they don’t pull as deep as the ones I use.

Unless you like paying too much for something that isn’t adequate.

Use this one, it’s a much better price. And size.

15 Likes

The c1d1 scale is, at most, $1600 from the manufacturer.

The c1d1 flashlight, directly from pelican, is less than $50.

The piab pump is $600 +/-

ETS charges over $3000 for those items.

I’m all about buying the right piece. Just not for the wrong price.

7 Likes

Is the c1d1 flashlight rechargeable?

2 Likes

this needs to be connected to an air compressor to pull vacuum on a chilled solvent tank correct?
is that safe not doubting you just clarifying before i do something dumb?

Read up on pv=nrt.

I’ve repeated myself for over a year on this subject. Actually, coming on two years on this forum.

And yes, it needs an air compressor to run it. And not as powerful as you would think.

5 Likes

Takes three AA batteries.

I use this one. They are made for this environment that we work in.

9 Likes

Thanks!

1 Like

Absolutely man.

appreciate it alot thanks

1 Like

The venturi needs about 4.8 cfm @ 80 psi.

There is also other models that pull less of a vacuum. Needing less cfm to push them.

Any other processes that you can think of that need pull a vacuum, not a hard one, or a full one?And also need a pump that doesn’t have moving parts to get damaged by vapors…

Like a roto evaporator, or a buchner/hochstrom filtration setup. You can put a couple of these around your lab instead of buying a bunch of expensive diaphragm pumps, which don’t have a strong vacuum, anyway.

The husky compressor that I am going to get for this (I’m using a smaller one currently) is more than powerful enough.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Husky-60-Gal-Stationary-Electric-Air-Compressor-C602H/205389936

3 Likes

Performance Tool W10005 Hi-viz 5-Gallon Horizontal Portable Air Tank With Tire Air Chuck Amazon.com

Pull vacuum on this vessel and then use it to pull vacuum on another.

I use something similar to this to pull vacuum with solvents, but smaller. The venturi pumps are definitely nice, these are another option too.

4 Likes

well damn that seems simple enough appreciate all the input

2 Likes

Bro, I wish I read this tread before investing in a 20k pump over a year ago. Here’s our ünique passive design with a hot-loop by pass. It’s been a evolution. Hope this makes sense to some of you.

4 Likes

Didn’t mean to post that too pic. Just a lab design I’ve been admiring…

1 Like