Passive Recovery Time

Didn’t mean to post that too pic. Just a lab design I’ve been admiring…

1 Like

I was going to say. That picture looks really familiar.

But, I don’t think two of those pumps would keep up, either.

2 Likes

K.I.S.S. Is a motto I live by (stupid is usually me btw)

3 Likes

True that, with the knowledge we’ve acquired. We’re in the 30’s second pound recovery times. Hot is good. Cold is good.

1 Like

It’s not a jacketed column.

See my thread,

https://future4200.com/t/active-vs-passive-butane-recovery

You will need a large enough connection between recovery pot and condenser to avoid flow choking.

1 Like

I love moments like those, stoke all day​:pray::call_me_hand:

2lbs per minute

5 Likes

I only hear it. Vid isnt popping up

2 Likes

Weird, it’s working on my end.

same I can on ly hear video @Hansel

1 Like

I just deleted video and re uploaded. Let me know if it works now

1 Like

I can see the vid now

1 Like

I have a question for some people smarter than myself in regards to passive operation…

If my collection vessel has 10 liters of solvent in it, and it has a remaining headspace of say 10 liters…would that vessel recover faster that a vessel that had 10 liters of solvent in it with a remaining headspace of say…2 liters.

How does the available head space of the vessel effect recovery? Head space and vessel pressure must be related under recovery…if there is less vapor pressure(more head space) wouldnt it take butane from liquid phase to gaseous phase more efficiently?

I could be totally off though as I am uneducated in science.

4 Likes

Surface area

7 Likes

I just answered my own question after thinking about it for a bit. I typically recover under slight vacuum…so headspace and vapor pressure aren’t related in that way under those conditions. I need to stop thinking about things so much…its only fucking 7:30am for fucks sake. Get a life man…

4 Likes

8:30 am here, it’s all good. Ha. But, the more surface area the better, more solvent can boil, more solvent can condense.

4 Likes

Get a bigger tank to transfer your butane into with a nitro push when it’s close to getting full. Burp the nitro off after and then you’ll have a greater surface area to speed up the end of your recovery. A manifold like this one with some ball valves will help make this easy without having to connect and reconnect hoses

@GreenMachine_Consult has some nice solvent tanks to transfer into and use as a reservoir or starting tank. The open jacket with iso let’s you chill your solvent before starting the run if needed

14 Likes

@GreenMachineLabs your 200lb tanks —- do they actually hold 200lbs of gas or are they labeled 200lb like xd bc they weigh 200lbs

3 Likes

Isn’t that a joke? Blew my mind that xd solvent tanks only hold 60% of what they say

5 Likes