Panda spinner micron bags

ok guys I been researching i don’t really.kniw how panda works but I think I get it

Does anyone know where to get micron bags that I could put in the panda spinner to.spin off liquid outta material that grounded really fine

I wanna get all the liquid out. Whats the smallest micron I can go and does anyone have a place to buy and make bags for it

Do they need to zip up or do ujust line like trash bag in trash can

Please help

@cyclopath @Soxhlet @Demontrich anyone know a bag system that would work and not spin out the material

Also what’s the best fastest spinning model… this may not work for what I wanna do but I gotta try

1 Like

Part of my sop uses 3 sizes of 5gal micron bubble bags. 160 for the initial filtering of the biomass. Then a 73 nag, then a 42 bag, then their a buchner funnel with a celite cake.

Remove the top ring to get the bag out easier.

Mine were draw string, full mesh bags. I just tried it in a simple knot.

Put empty bag in panda, fold over the ipe ing of the bag like you would a garbage bag in a garbage can. Use a sauce pan to scoop out the etoh soaked biomass. Fill up 3/4to the top. Secure the opening, turn on and spin away. Do 2x spin cycles, remove, insert next bag, pour 160 micron filtered etoh I to the 73 bag. Repeat all the bags for all etoh. Then. Buchner filter to capture any fines.

4 Likes

I’m removing the last bit liquid the mains have already been gotten…woukd it work for hash like material like powder hash soaked…the spin
And does the liquid not come out the bottom through some pipe that I could fill a bucket or something

1 Like

Maybe I need Buckner funnels that 24jnches wide lmao

Here’s your panda spout from @RockSteady also removing the top like @Demontrich said paired with the bubble bags you should be cookin🤙

Edit: added link Panda Spinner Replacement Spout

3 Likes

Full mesh bubble bags and the panda ftw.

Float around a few panda threads for a good idea of how to secure it, if you choose to, and how to set it up for collecting the liquid that pours out.

2 Likes

hell 2 the no, prepare yourself for days of filtration lol

The particles are at smallest around 70 micron

2 Likes

Beer and wine brewing stores have filter bags for cheap. Cash and carry has big coffee filters . An old keg with a valve on the bottom works good for initial extraction. Dry ice from a welding supply store to chill ethanol befor aparge and soak. Pandas work good and are by far the cheapest way , just sit them on a hydro table tray and drain into a bucket. Filter evap, decarb, winterize, filter, evap , distill. a 4 panda setup with 2 kegs will extract 600lbs of material a day with one operator and one rotovap .

4 Likes

I have a 70micron and it still lets.tbrough fines

Can i make a washing machine one that i retrofit to sit a 1gal bucket or 5gal bucket in and spin it to push the fines to bottom

1 Like

idk? sounds like you want to make a fuge with a 5 gal bucket as a media bottle?

something like this may be up your alley.

2 Likes

That cost btw 1500 to 5k i bet

Its not worth it for that ill keep doing what I was doing thought I might could build something…does it need to swing around at angle or just spin

Hey @StoneD . I use a panda and use a 100um zippered bag I got off Amazon. Even if fines come through you will get them with post extraction filtering. I go directly to a buchner funnel with fast paper (11um) then down to 1um slow paper followed by a super fine sintered disk funnel then I’ll take it to rotovap.
I will say that I spin twice. Once for a longer duration spin, then pour additional super cold etoh on top of the bag then spin again. Typically my 2nd spin is shorter duration.

I just figured out my issue…I have to use one micron tray at a time instead stackinf…then they pour right thru

2 Likes

If the panda isnt strapped down, hold onto it, especially with socks in it. The thing works great as an improvised centrifuge.

Fyi, powders in the panda doesnt work that well…

Still running the same set of bags from 2 years ago :muscle::muscle:
Filters at about 1-1.5gal/minute down to 0.5 micron

4 Likes