Pairing a chiller w collectiin need some advice on jacketed capacities

Ecogreen has them on there website

Industry standard for creating rated jackets would include the volume on the name plate. Its part of the ASME process for certifying your tanks. Also - the jacket volume is included on industry standard drawings. If you have either the name plate or the drawings of your tank you can get this information and use SidViscous link to dig out the rest for your specific process.

If you donā€™t have a certified tank - the only process Iā€™ve found that works good is what Dred_pirate recommended. I cannot tell you how many times Iā€™ve had to fill up tanks, jackets, and hidden piping to be able to calculate volumes. Its amazing what people wonā€™t write down that they should some times. Now any time I do new construction or retrofits, I make sure everything gets photos, with checks on sizing with drawings. I want all of my customers to have what they need for future improvements, you know?

Sure hope you get it settled out. And Iā€™d love to see pictures with a kiddie poolā€¦ you know for posterity. :smiley:

3 Likes

So i ended up going with a polyscience 6860T 1.5hp durachiller to keep recovery cold seems like good specs at 0-10c 4400 watts or somethingā€¦ I used to have my coils in a recirculating AI ethanol chiller but I need to build or purchase a heat exchanger. What is proper way to size the heat exchamgers? I

m running 66lbs of gas per run. Im heating at 2500watts + two inline cmep ea with dedicated sieve and dedicated recovery tankā€¦