Packing powders

Just wondering everyone’s process and environment they pack the media in. I have a separate room with 2 4” fans one bringing air in and one bringing air out I made my own hood just from plexi glass. I disesemble my crc collum and clean it all and put it back together with my sintereted disk then a 2.5um paper with a filter ring around it I pack a layer of celite then put a 11um filter with filter ring And I usually put t5 and t41 mixture followed by a 20um filter and ring and I finish it off with silica and MagSil over top I pack each media with all my force using a metal bottle that fits perfect in my 3” crc Collum. I then put it all together and wash the out side with water to get all the powders that’s spilled and I am done. Once finished I dispose of the ran media in a garbage bag and out side.

1 Like

Lots of info in the other CRC threads, just search CRC.

I have read quite abit on the other threads and they do have the media’s and such but no one actually has discussed the environment the pack them in .

Yes we have. Read more

2 Likes

Yeah, we have…but try finding this tip

Without using “black hole” in your query.

(Well worth reading the whole Tricks of the trade thread!)

3 Likes

I’ll give you that Respiratory Problems From Medias (celite, silica, t5, b80, etc)

Comes up with Search results for 'powders safety' - Future4200

1 Like

Huh ?? I am reading the other forum as we speak haha

https://www.googleadservices.com/pagead/aclk?sa=L&ai=DChcSEwjQmKjgxbLrAhXhIK0GHc_2BIgYABAHGgJwdg&ohost=www.google.com&cid=CAESQeD2G9StFJJEMs0dppcAOluT4169vQRHBNrMwirvByuiIzZxMseqrPeB1WmTWtxT2udwgW_-lOHArtWgkI3jpv2b&sig=AOD64_0CJD5EFp9VtFkslqnZ1Uqqh1irnw&ctype=5&q=&ved=2ahUKEwiOj6DgxbLrAhWUqp4KHR7TCOUQwg96BQgLELcB&adurl=

1 Like

Thread. Another forum == another website & most likely different participants.

3 Likes

Dam that’s super cool I might order that

1 Like