Oven Tek for stable shatter. Humidity doesn't stand a chance

If it’s sticky than you probably haven’t taken out all the butane out or your extracting operation is picking up to many impurities. I can get How does your starting material look like? The first picture is from trim that was up in the mountains in a garabage bag for 3 months. The last pic is same technique but with great starting material. You can get stable shatter with old material if you’re operating correctly.

If you can’t afford a freeze dryer invest into a dehydrator. You’re loosing weight if your material isn’t dry.

Now if all else fails and could be a good possibility since you smell terps is that you can’t stabilize it due to the high terp content. For instances a headache strain is GG4. I believe certain terp profiles or possible to much terps will not stabilize shatter. It’s a theory. I never had analytical equipment to confirm this.

Are you using a hydrocarbon blend or straight ISO?

2 Likes

Wouldn’t you be loosing THC if you dry ice a day before? Or you drying and vacuumed sealing the column first? I use to dewax with dry ice slurry 1 hour before my run while continual pulling vacuum.

@Juice311

Read again

No what I do is get my dry material (not aiming for live) freezing on dry ice 2 hours to a day before extraction. Get my stainless steel solvent/recovery tank balls cold in a cooler of dry ice for about 2 hours. Take tank off let it build back up to room temp and let her flood and extract the room temp column.

I’m a Passive 1lb of material run kind of guy. So I just use the standard cls bho SOP.

You dont have a dry ice sleeve?

Remember solvent will move from more pressure to less pressure. At the same time if you know how to manipulate the valves you can siphon the hydrocarbon out of the recovery tank. This requires a cooler ambient temperature in the room. and a coil heat exchanger before your input solvent feed into the column.

Can i ask do you overhead shower or bottom flood?

Also check your PPM off the valves every time you take it out of the cooler.

They have a more efficient way to do this. Your recovery tank is it single, double, or have no wall?

In my eyes a multi-rack column extraction system runs off the same principles as a single pound of material. Pressure, Temperature, Flow, and Level.

Would packing socks with a couple pellets of dry ice here and there achieve the same effect of taking h2o when the dry ice sublimates???

Idk. But I do know don’t put dry ice directly into the column lmfao

I have a dry ice column I don’t have a system with prvs to handle niteogen though so I don’t fill the sleeve.

Wait you have a open sleeve correct?

No shower cap just a regular straight thru top injection

Yeah ik I could slurry my base with dry ice and iso or acetone but I’d rather wait to retrofit

You have a valve that your closing at the inbetween your column and collection vessel? or you’re straight pouring it through?

Yerp!

Straight through then I use that valve only for isolation of the column and base for recovery

Have you consider to bottom fill?

I have but I’m confused af on the setup of a bottom flood and the bi-di

Ill help you. You’re channeling the solvent through the biomass via your current method. In other words you could be getting better pulls. The only set back is you will need a bigger collection vessel via bottom flooding. You will need this because of how much solvent is needed to completely extract everything off the biomass. Let me get some of info together on parts and a PID.

Bottom flooding will ensure no channeling. Give me a bit ill draw this thang out and will be easier to understand. BTW you dont need a bi directional manifold.

Also with retrofit. Are you talking about insulting the system?

can confirm about gg4 —- sappy strain. strain is a factor in the stability of a slab for sure.

1 Like

No, I’m talking about teeing off the gauge on my base with a prv and adding the 4 way tee on the top of my system and teeing off the injection ports gauge and adding a prv there as well. My tank already has a prv and gauge

I’m broke af for new parts right now and I don’t really wanna upgrade to bottom fill or bi-di. I’m pretty happy with top fill. I was just giving input. Though, once I make or buy a rack I’ll most likely switch up my set-up for bi-di and go bigger collection.

For now I just wanna retrofit my system for nitrogen so I can extract in a dewaxing column and push through a low micron filter.

Thank you though.