Optimizing your RotoVap

What’s the thing that looks blacked out @SidViscous? Looks awesome bet ya excited to fire it up!

2 Likes

that’s the super secret ultrasonic transducer of course

Lol, nah it’s just an infrastructure detail that I can’t share.

Super excited to get her cranking. I’m worried that 1/2" tube between the receiving flask and keg won’t be able to keep up with the flow lol

4 Likes

Sick!

2 Likes

I love it Bro!!! Fucking amazing! You guys never cease to amaze me with some of the awesome shit you guys do!

4 Likes

Fuck this took me a solid couple min to understand the path. Looks killer dude

4 Likes

I love field-fabbing this stuff. It’s so much more fun than actually running the equipment IMO

Can’t wait to throw away the rotovap portion at some point when we can’t generate nearly enough vapor to feed the condensers

6 Likes

Oh my… That’s… I have no words…

1 Like

There we go :ok_hand:t3:

5 Likes

You’re giving me some ideas over here… :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

You do all the welding yourself?

2 Likes

Another unistrut fixture for the win lol

2 Likes

I did one or two of the tricky welds, I have a guy I’ve been training up that did most of it. I like to train pipe welders on stuff that won’t kill you if it breaks lol

5 Likes

I want to be trained how to weld ^>^ that shit is so worth knowing.

2 Likes

Do what I did: buy a welder and weld until you’re good lol

9 Likes

This is what I’m about to do lol

And have a buddy who welds for a living (and loves free oil) show me the ropes when he has time…

4 Likes

No substitute for practice. It helps to have someone give you a couple tips just to show you what you’re looking for. Then grab some pipe and get to work. When you’re confident in your open root 6g, send it to a testing company and have them pull it.

5 Likes

Welding is something I definitely want to get into myself… I’ve been thinking about it for a year, or two. I have experience working with hot air re-work stations for soldering up pcb’s/etc

Globe valves on a stainless water transfer pump that has a stainless impeller. Full flow control

Just put the globe valves on today and tested them. It’s so fucking sick!!!

FUCK SUBMERSIBLES!!!

Because I use like 4 lbs of salt with 3lbs of dry ice the submersibles just shit out after a while because of too much salt. This thing just says whatever and moves the water

5 Likes

If you can, only restrict the outlet and your pump will thank you. Restricting the inlet can cause cavitation from the low pressure in the impeller and it will potentially hurt the seals

8 Likes

Out feed is truly all that needs it. Arent jet pumps solid? Had to thaw mine out because water froze inside it. She’s purring again

1 Like