Only The Strong sauce tek

Nvr had a jar blow out yet with double lids, had then not seal rite.

1 Like

I used to have most of my jar lids blow out. Almost to the point we’re if it didn’t blow out I thought I wasn’t getting enough pressure. Way back when the sop was, the wetter the better

Then I moved to one piece metal lids that leak a bit when they get over pressurized but dont blow out and I now I get diamonds 95% of the time with no cold crash. I have a big diamond miner but mason jars with these lids have been so much easier to work with and watch the diamonds grow over time. Anyone else using those style mason jar lids?
I’m new to posting on here but I’ll show some pics soon.

3 Likes

Pics?

1 Like

These are the jar lids I started using. Found them at target and bought them all. Underneath the lid its lined with maybe silicon or something similar that’s food grade (the solution shouldn’t touch the top of the lid anyways), but it holds a decent amount of pressure and then slow releases over a period of days. Once I either get diamond formations or the rite “soupy-ness” I desire, I tighten the lid as much as I can (nothing leaks after that) and the let it sit till done. Normally two to three weeks. Longer for bigger formations.

2 Likes

So you leave a little bit of solvent in the jar?

the gas refluxes and will hit the top of the jar, is silicon is soluble in hydrocarbons, soooo… find out what the lid is lined with

1 Like

Hell sometimes it’s considered a lot of bit lol

I get scared Everytime I seal, you should be! It’s damn mason jar sealed up butane. Your slowing down the evaporation. It’s gonna evap still but significant slower. It’s dangerous be careful

after you recover back and pour jars,do cold crash, let some evap. It should be close to the 1/3 level of jar. It’s good starting point…set and forget! Leave it alone!

you say your only soaking for 5 min or less?

Hey everyone, just wanted to show the
community the diamonds I’ve been working on.

These have been going for about 2 1/2 weeks. Fresh frozen material
Dewaxed in-line
I did the cold crash for 60hrs until my dry ice was gone.
Back filled with 60psi n2

At first I didn’t have them on any heat, when temping my diamond miner it was saying 72-74 depending on how warm the room was.
A week ago I moved them to a heated mat and have it set at 83.

There seems to be some water in my terps. But otherwise, it’s all coming together beautifully.
This website is the only reason I have been able to accomplish what I have. Thank you all!

https://www.instagram.com/p/ByG7rXZHt_a/?igshid=2hvavmj37zq0

3 Likes

Could be residual solvent. Whatever it is I get that all the time it’ll be gone by the end and purged. Wouldn’t sweat it

Let me ask you this, is is supposed to look like etoh winterizing when theres solvent in the jar?

Don’t know what u mean by that, it should be thinner. Not Water thin but when u can blow on it and see the sheen it’s usually ready to go

My bad… I thought I was responding to something else

If you want the clearest diamonds and thinnest terps.

But lately screw that I’ll take cloudy Diamonds and frog hair thicker terps. Can’t tell difference in tastes.
I’ll soak, run extra gas … Don’t really matter when your running at -50to-70f

1 Like

Jar was tipping to one side, crashed for 20 hours dry ice and iso cooler
Looking good? My first try…

5 Likes

1 Like

that rock is FIRE… 10 to 12 days jar?

1 Like

@Dezstro420

Yes sir

1 Like

Tell us what it tasted like, can an u describe it for us… pretty sure I dreamed about smoking em lol never had a legit diamond just some sugar