Only The Strong sauce tek

I think it will make things less reliant on the butane maybe? Since technically the terps are a solvent, and the some of the carrier solution, adding more will create a need for less butane?

Dunno, the more I think about it, it might be a neat trick.

1 Like

Yeah this is the cold crash @Otscc only the strong sauce tek talks about. Read that will clear it up for you

3…years…later…:joy:

1 Like

I’ve got a feeling your correct

1 Like

Tbh I think the butane plays a very lil roll in it these days. Esp w ppl growing stones w no lid. They preached this forever to me years ago but I wouldn’t listen. Purity of extract is one ur biggest factors. Solubility is something I wanna really learn on this year if I can. Might used wrong word. Saturation curve maybe

4 Likes

I’m part of the club!!! Thank you so fucking much @StoneD for the golden secret to getting the saturation just right. Thank you so much everyone here for the advice given along the way as well but I gotta say without @StoneD I wouldn’t have been able to grow my first successful diamonds.

These were open blast made for experimentation and they’re a little fatty but I got stones and sauce!!!

6 Likes

11 Likes

Just a bit of my progression. Thank you all that have contributed to this forum. I’ve learned more here than any school can teach me.

12 Likes

I like your thinking, blurring the lines some?
Blend back toa different strain before capping…
Blends

Yep, thinking that as well! Mixing up some flavors could be super neat!

I finally stopped being lazy and have my terps from my last batch waiting, gonna see what happens soon. The next one is just about ready to blast.

2 Likes

Only 2.5 years, I swear! ! Here is the terps, just waiting!

A new strain im growing fucked my timing up lol

4 Likes

did you cold crash first? those stones look huge!

Once it’s finished blooming how do you purge the solvent?

What you want to do it pour the mother liquid off into another jar and let it evaporate a bit that way. Then reintroduce it back to the cold bloom and cap and start heating.

2 Likes

@Otscc.

2 Likes

Uhh, not sure how to word this q, so it may be posted somewhere and I just cant find the answer, in which case my bad.

Crashed for 48hr, seen great growth for 3-5 days and then it appears to have slowed down a lot. during this time most solvent has evap’d, and i’ve been wondering if the product is now too thick to continue growth…?

I’ve tried pulling a -5Hg but didnt notice much growth, just more solvent being removed. Thoughts on adding maybe 100ml or so of butane back to the jar and recapping? Is this going to redissolve all current diamonds or allow current diamonds to continue growing? Temp is at 88.2,

I wouldn’t just put some butane in and recap. The butane probably won’t just mix in, it’ll evaporate first.

You’re gonna have to redissolve and start over if you want to get big crystals I’d say.

You can probably cap it as is though and I’d bet some crystals still form, just smaller.

1 Like

i went and grabbed a 300ml square pyerx (very small) and added in the butane and it didnt dissolve fully at all so i went to mine at it and the whole jar was solid, took out like 50% of the jar, left the bottom layer of diamonds with a nice layer of saturation and recrashing in the freezer on the jar and pyrex. will post pix tomorrow when i pull them both but damn, this is lookin fire, based off my previous runs.

3 Likes

Or you can raise temp to mobilize the solution, say 2° at a time , for a few hours , re assess

1 Like

Another few question for the group. So i did a few runs recentley. And everything went grand. Nice large diamond growth. These questions are in terms regarding the reaction that happens after pour off. My terps have a tendencey to drop very small, sugar like diamonds. Depending on the percentage of my original diamond return, it will directly corelate with how much of this (live rezin?) drops out. Im able to seperate most of the terps from sugar with a syringe, but a small layer will stay stuck to the top and it greatley affects the color of the sugar if even a small portion is left behind.
My question first, is there a way to prevent this entirely? As in, could i after the majority of the original diamond growth, over a large span of time, incrementally off gas until the terps have almost no solvent? Would pouring off after that result in sugarless terps? Or would it be a waste of time?
Secondly, if i instead wanted to keep the sugar, how would i go about seperating the terps off of it? Could i freeze it, stick it on its side after, and then pour off? Im trying to get the sugar to stay a mass, and the oil to be able to run off it with out the sugar mixing back into it. I want to retain that almost light gold color at the bottom.

Bonus question, will the sugar fall out completely always? Or can it possibly stay mixed in the terps?

Thank you for your time

3 Likes