Only The Strong sauce tek

My jars seem to leak a bit. Does this happen normally? There is pressure built up but it appears to be self regulating in a way.

1 Like

This is no common. We generally like to have a full seal on the jars.

4 Likes

@Otscc What does one mean by a deep-freezer ? Is it a blast proof scientifical freezer or just a normal deep freezer , i am worried about solvent going trough the system

2 Likes

If you don’t have an explosion proof freezer you may use dry ice in a cooler.

are you saying that a non-dewaxed run will still crystallize, but the terps will not become as runny? I was under the impression that separation will not happen in waxy runs. I’ve not done this yet though, just learning all I can from you guys before attempting.

1 Like

You can use a scientific. But as long as it gets around -20 itll keep your dryice and solute at a good temperature. So the solvent wont evap and the dry ice sublimes much slower. Most chest freezers work perfect you can get them for a couple hundred bux at home depot.

3 Likes

You can 100% crystalize without dewaxing. And the plant fats do not attach to the thca only to the terp fraction.

13 Likes

good to know, I don’t have a dewaxing set up yet, so I might try this with a waxy batch and see what happens. Appreciate the reply!

1 Like

When mining with a pressure vessel can you throw it on heat to build pressure with the butane from the extract you poured in? Or does it have to be nitrogen/co2 pressure and then put in the freezer to grow diamonds? I am under the impression that freezing just helps with single solvent dewaxing, after that heat and pressure need to be applied to create diamonds. Would heat and pressure not be what we are after to grow diamonds, kind of just like in Mother Nature naturally forming diamonds?

I like the pressure vessel a little better than jars. I think they pop at 30psi which is pretty scary when dealing with glass etc… is it a different tek in a jar vs a diamond miner?

1 Like

You can use butane gas to hold a pressure but its a little less efficient because it will become liquid at higher pressures. Butane gas is also more dangerous than using N2 or CO2.

As far as I know, tek is the same. Higher pressure just means faster and dirtier crystals.

2 Likes

You can heat to make pressure, be careful about how much solvent you are letting go.The goal is to modify the solubility slowly. The Best way I have found is thermocycling in a pressure reactor. I do this for bulk crystal production.

12 Likes

How much solvent I am letting go? Meaning how much I evaporate off before putting in a vessel? I put it in pretty liquidy where you can still pour with minimal sticking to the side of the vessel. I sealed it and threw it on heat to build pressure. I am currently still heating and at about 60psi. It had been on the heat over night. Should I be moving it into the freezer now?? Or taking off heat and leaving room temp?

The amount of solvent is related to how much material you wish to crystallize.Start with an excess of solvent, remove it until your solution is super saturated. I recrystalize from pentane, I usually set my controller to cool to 0c then ramp up to 20c, burp, then re -cycle . You are watching for crystals to crash on the cold side of the swing, then melt on the hot side. This cycles the solution to the optimal saturation. This method allows for large crystals to be formed due to the fact that all the small crystals will go back into solution while the large ones will remain as seeds.

33 Likes

Ohh I see so it’s a cycle of cooling and heating, repeat etc… getting to 0c then to 20c and then repeating? How long do you stay at temperature intervals while cycling?

4 Likes

About an hour each way.

11 Likes

Thank you for your help I will post reaults ASAP! So I assume temps are more important than pressure when growing? Or a combination of both? If you added nitrogen or co2 what pressures are you looking to achieve when crashing diamonds

1 Like

How do you go about purging the pentane out after recrystallization?

1 Like

The shape of the Isobutane molecule makes it harder to release its bond tho?

Is there a need to fuss with the ramping speed of the chiller/heater in this model? 0°-20° at what ever pace the heater pushes? And by “cold side” do you mean the top vs the bottom where the fluid enters the jacket?

1 Like

Crush the crystals, vac oven. The crystals will get wet looking and begin to melt. That’s where I stop. Hold under hard vacuum and sweep with argon. Let cool under hard vaccum.

3 Likes