OK, what am I doing wrong with my salve?

Thanks Cyclopath, I will challenge them and see what comes out of it.

I’m ready to put the lab down in the hole until I they get their results right! lol

3 Likes

I’m working on a couple months of lost sales. Trying to work through this has been very frustrating.

1 Like

“based on this math and your analytical work on my input cannabinoids, I don’t believe you’re getting full extraction from this particular matrix. I’d like to offer you a matrix blank so we can get this spiked/sorted…”

or something along those lines.

keywords being “matrix”, “spike”, “% recovery”.

keep asking for the scientific director or head chemist until you get somebody that seems to understand those terms.

where are you located?

3 Likes

I have been making salve for years. Whether you make it with flower or crude it has to be decarbed for it to be effective. You should think about adding EMU to your recipe. It helps get your medicine deep into the subcutaneous tissues.

1 Like

Cyclopath,

Well I took you up on your suggestion about challenging the lab and asked them to spike the matrix and figure out the recovery rate. (Had to do a little reading to even understand what I was asking for!). He agreed that this could be an issue and said he would and I just got the new results back and they came in as originally expected. Thank you so much for the advise. It is greatly appreciated!!

9 Likes

But did they tell you their recovery rate?

Tried to give you as much search fodder as I could :shushing_face:

1 Like

You did and you got me across the finish line! Thanks again!

2 Likes

No, but I have not responded to them. I will ask.

From the lab I"m dealing with:

We haven’t performed a matrix specific recovery test for your matrix so we can’t really know for sure, but it is something we can quote and do for you if you would like. We have done development work on the extraction process specific to their matrix and the results seem to agree with what they are expecting, but we would need to perform a matrix recovery test to be able to provide recovery data specific for their matrix. Thanks again and let me know if you have any further questions.

1 Like

Ask about the extraction solvent they use for this purpose…

And maybe they use a differenr collum not suited for such purposes?

If they dont tweak their m3thod youll allways run short…

We had a case of honey crude mix, years ago, that led us to a path of diversified preparation, where we allways ask of unorthodox samples to disclos their uncannabinoid contents, wich helped immensely .

Good luck!

Exactly the expected response…

Any decent lab

1 Like

Thats not true at all, acid form cannabinoids have tons of therapeutic value as topicals.

1 Like

The problem is that they haven’t validated their sample prep for your matrix.

Send a sample of the cannabinoid starting batch (distillate or whatever) and also of the salve. See if their numbers for the starting product equal what they measure in the salve.

Remember that sample prep is essentially an extraction, and you have to make sure you have a 100% efficient extraction or you already have a guaranteed imprecise result before the measurement is even taken.

2 Likes

Yes, but i have tried making it without activating them and everyone complained that it didn’t work anymore.

You gotta up the dosage.

Remember the whole decarb loss rate.

Molecules of cbda are 13% heavier

I use the formula

Grams x 1000mg= total mg

Total mg x percent of (thc/cbd)product used = total infusion to be disbursed

Total infusion / number of doses = mg per dose or product

That is the formula i currently use

I just do gummies? Not sure how helpful that is?
I would guess you could figure how many tins or containers or salve the batch you make fills and apply the number?

Please correct if im off

I havnt got into making salve at this point but a friend of mine does i remeber a conversation of absorbansy into the body and the carrier oils used that determin how your body takes in the thc/cbd?

My friend made wonder rub. It was awsome without any cbd or thc. And when it was infused even better.

Something to look in to

That’s odd. Shouldn’t it be % x 10 x grams for total mg?

90% distillate

90 x 10 = 900mg/ gram

2 Likes

Spread the gospel

3 Likes