Nitrogen assist vs passive cold solvent

What would you recommend as a better way to vent it?

You remove it from the system after everything has gone through phase change.

3 Likes

Wouldn’t venting the headspace after the recovery process slow the hell out of recovery?

1 Like

I didn’t say after recovery. I said remove it from the system after everything has gone through phase change.

2 Likes

The final phase change is recovery, no?

Phase change would be in the recovery tank. Not necessarily after recovery.

2 Likes

Welp, okay, I’m confused lol I appreciate the help though

When the nitrogen leaves the material column, and you have an empty tank, the nitrogen will leave the collection first and make its way to the recovery tank. After the nitrogen has left the collection. Then you would close your valves, remove nitrogen properly, and then resume recovery.

3 Likes

Ahhh okay, I think im getting it. So pretty much the same process as the vid, just vent it from the tank after it empties. To clarify, the n2 would go from the collection>column>tank…not through my recovery line (ie. Through the recovery pump)? Would it be in my interest to pull a vac on the recovery tank after venting the n2? Could this be done with a vac pump, or should i use my recovery pump?

Don’t let nitrogen go through a recovery pump. It can’t be compressed

5 Likes

I also like how they use swage valves in their demo videos…but none of their systems come with swage, nor do they even offer them

6 Likes

cheapest i’ve found is usa labs $1,500 for a 100lb (water weight) tank jacketed with internal coil. also USA has multiple 1/2" ports, places like BVV apparently think everything should be 1/4".

3 Likes