Nitrogen assist dangers?

I dont have my n2 setup going yet. I don’t know the nitrogen psi to regulated psi conversion of 1800psi. But yes cold and fast sounds good for that.

1 Like

I will set my regulator low to start, 25psi? Tank will be in dry ice but wondering if using an injection coil in dry ice and ISO is redundant , I think it will be better , as to ensure solvent temp for about 10 lbs of solvent.
How much n2 pressure is dangerous, no prvs yet, but purge lines on all vessels

1 Like

I wouldn’t do it without prvs. Don’t risk an explosion!!! PLEASE be safe.

I’m still building my nitrogen setup. I’m going the extra mile and taking @Killa12345 's advice and putting prvs everywhere nitrogen can possibly touch.

I’m scared half death about something going wrong and you’re over here with no prvs. Smh man

6 Likes

20190811_131619|690x342

I can purge my vessels, gauges on all, my financial situation i can’t afford prvs yet, i want them on all vessels, yes @Killa12345 is the man with parts i need, my first live resin run, so i want to ensure good solvent pressure and flood![20190811_145212|375x500(upload://i61iFmgc1QQcFOfzdAnbmRp7rnO.jpeg)
I am here for direction, this is what i have to work with, should i feel safe using n2 ? Fully attended at all times, maybe a dab break during recovery
Am i off base?

1 Like

Get rid of the carpet or ground every friggen piece of equipment in that place

18 Likes

will do @TheGratefulPhil, thank you, carpet is gone, thats the grateful in me, but not worth dying for,
i cut all power to appliances prior to run as well

2 Likes

Well done friend, also helpful to do a pressure hold test with your N2. Insert gas to desired pressure, close valves and let it sit for an hour. If pressure decreases, you’ve got a leak

6 Likes

@TheGratefulPhil i have started doing a pos psi and a vacuum test , as before i only did vac. , as you can see I’m a small setup, just trying to get my safety game up, and get the best out of what I have

4 Likes

the positive pressure test has always shown me where my leaks are, the vac test always passed except for one time when I had a pretty decent leak on a valve. I also noted a lot of leaks that were present at 100psi that were not present at 60psi.

5 Likes

I am distilling canned solvent, i am unsure of the blend at the moment. I use dry ice/iso in material column, collection and storage/recovery . imy woking pressures are from 10psi to full vac.
How much pressure should i test at, using n2, 3" columns, 6" collection, hp clamps.
My last cold n fast run finished with all vesels under vac.
What would be a safe n2 regulator setting be?
Prior to this I had benn using the n2 after flooding slowed, then add n2.
I’ll say it was not that effective, pre charging my storage seems a much better option

I personally pressure test at 100psi as I don’t ever anticipate seeing those pressures while I’m running. I don’t currently run notri, so I’ll let others chime in on that

2 Likes

Without PRVs I don’t know if there is a safe running psi. What if ur regulator malfunctions and dumps the entire n2 tank? Don’t ruin ur rig

5 Likes

Thank you guys, yes , i am going to prv everything . Sooner than later hopefully

I do have a new trs and coils , i have not used it yet. I may try it on solvent distill run.

I just much prefer passive for my unit

2 Likes

Do u have gauge on your tank?

1 Like

Gauges and purge valves on every vessel, i can isolate and purge every vessel

Are u running CRC? If not you tech don’t need nitro if ur tank can be cooled

2 Likes

Thanks for the reply @StoneD, I am not running crc, lab papers and bb, i have had my solvent tank in di/iso and got about 2 or 3 lbs in, then it just stalls so in some way without heating solvent i need to be able to push5 to 10 lbs through, as quick as possible, sleeved column, collection on di/iso as well

I have 2 coils i can use?
Exploring my options

1/2 inch openings for recovery supposedly can do a # a min

1 Like

Would you ever join 2 3x18 dewx columns together for running 2lbs? It’s what I have to work with

1 Like