Next holy grail cbn-d

O to those intrigued by dooing reactions in cls units the weld bottom bases work also on magnetic heating stiring plate s

12 Likes
1 Like

This is one thats been on my radar for two years or so, but I never really was part of any work on it. From what I understand, its not easy to get any analytical standard - only caymen has it and they won’t let it go without some DEA paperwork. Which sort of puts research on hold for me since I’d be flying blind with no analytical. I would love to know if anyone out there has an alternative source for that standard?

2 Likes

Someone’s going to need to create it themselves. You’ll need to purify all your fractions and submit them to a full characterization lab. Most of them are taking hemp-derived products now, even universities.

2 Likes

ah yes, classic. Screening a bunch of conditions and running columns on everything and spending a bunch of time shmoozing anyone local who owns either a mass spec or an NMR. Granted this was always going to happen, but its nice to have something useful in my standard curve so I can at least weed out the outright failures. Sucks to run so many columns if a bunch of them don’t even have the compound I’m targeting, na mean?

Its wack that Caymen has pretty much just made a judgement call for whatever reason on this particular cannabinoid.

1 Like

Caymen doesn’t have it to my knowledge I’ve looked

Meaning that if there is no standard
It can t be found
And there for it s a legal high :sunglasses:
That is if it get s you high

4 Likes

Im sure if you got caught with it they could figure out what it is through NMR and a little purification

2 Likes

Spoke with them within the last 10 days, they have it but won’t let it go.

2 Likes

Hmmm naturally occurring in nature
Sir I don’t know how or when but it wasn’t me😂

5 Likes

To be fair, all those other compounds properly characterized would probably be interesting to someone at least. And you’d be able to be like “hey i can offer standards for 10 cannabinoids nobody’s ever seen”. You’re right though, it’s not easy work.

2 Likes

@Roguelab How did the photocatalysis work out for you? Did you bioassay?

3 Likes

Two aromatic analogs of CBD have been isolated from Lebanese hashish (ElSohly and Slade, 2005): cannabinodiol (CBND-C5), and cannabinodivarin (CBND-C3) (Figure 3) whose structural elucidation required their total synthesis (Robert et al., 1977). CBND-C5 found in the plant’s flowers in low concentration, is considered a product of CBD photochemical conversion.

What’s the goal c3 or c5?

4 Likes

C5, c3 is the varin version

4 Likes

I see , this is why @Roguelab is attempting photochemical conversion

3 Likes

I ordered the light the same day as my post it s still not in

3 Likes

2 Likes

holy fuck

No, the precursor is CBN for the photolytic pathway.

1 Like