Newbie needs help with cls setup

I got a rosin press as well and I do etho. I am getting equipment to do better runs of Eth. I may totally walk away from BHO unless I get into a refinery position with proper safety equipment.

BHO where I am in the NE is not legal, protecting the population from themselves imho. I rather use the press or ethanol though the quality is still a work in progress

rosin always comes out with a green taste or resiny like I scraped the bowl. only a few times I got it to taste good.

Bho is easy, quick, and produces good results just so dangerous

**Edit because using my phone is a bad idea to post lol

3 Likes

I love bho and I don’t think I’ll ever give it up. I got good at it to save money so I wouldn’t have to buy from dispensaries. After a while, even though I don’t make money off of what I make, it pays for itself. Like 70-80/gr at a dispo of shatter or am I gonna safely learn to make a puddle… I’m gonna safely learn to make a puddle.

I got my source for trim and I got a good system that I built. Why would I ever wanna stop making my own medicine via cls ? As long as you’re safe and use high-pressure clamps all around, I really don’t think anyone gives a fuck.

2 Likes

I have some training and worked with BHO… I know I need to upgrade equipment and more mentoring on the process to help me get to that point. My buddy who is not around here any longer showed me and had a nice 1lb CL system. I have a dinky CL with no reclaim tank so all I can do RN is a hybrid soak and bleed off it’s a waste of gas. I am trying to see if i want a roto or a new CL from Killa. Currently, I am swapping the rest of my BHO CL to Eth for a fun test. I like one on one training in real-time maybe I can find someone now close to me. I only make it for myself my plan was to be able to grow enough to process to not have to buy from the robspenory. close to 70/80 gr and fart tasting black-market crap i rather smoke my eth extract.

1 Like

How dinky we talking? You could just get a solvent tank off of killa if all you’re missing is a solvent tank.

its a 1.5in spool one is 6in one is 12 and 4in collection with splatter.

Never mind the bad clamp lol its just mocked up

1 Like

I love my roto to no end but if you’re doing a lb or more of material I think it’s a better investment to go cls.

Filtration is a bitch for eho and so is getting everything “just so”

Oh dude keep what you got and just dm killa for a solvent tank.

Could also ask him for a material column 3×24 or 3×36 is good enough for 1lb, reducers and clamps for said material column upgrade if you wanted.

I dont need a bigger collection like 6in? I’m worried that I wont have enough room for all the solvent needed

Wait how big is that collection is that a 4"

You need at least 6×12 total collection size for a safe 1lb material run.

ya my thought, I dont mind small batches though

I would just spend the money upgrading parts for your cls and then sell the parts you don’t use anymore in the classifieds and save for your roto after.

1 Like

message is off to killa already

1 Like

too

4 Likes

If I can be super honest my roto has been way more helpful doing large batches of rso than it has been eho. I mean I’ve made some pretty boss eho and wierd smokable oils but like… My closed loop hydrocarbon system has been easier to deal with in the long run.

How are you distinguishing your “RSO” from “EHO”?

Solvent?
Temp?
Time?

Color?!?

efficacy when thrown at “cancer”?!?

3 Likes

RSO : is Edible, Very Dark leaves yellow streaks though so I can’t say it’s dark brown but it gets dark enough that it appears like a black tinted amber almost, I can’t say the word black though to describe its color in the end because that’s just not true

and I make that usually with a 4 min quick wash with Ethanol and the boiling temp is usually set to 70°c with my roto.

Then after the roto I decarb the oil.

With EHO : it’s the dab-able very light yellow oil to almost orange yellow (at the worst). I usually do a bucket tek wash for a large batch or Mason Jar and a quick wash ethanol for a small batch.

Then I do a room temp separation by letting the material sink to the bottom and then siphoning off only the liquid. Then I do a cold winterization for fat and lipid removal using vacuum or pressure (depending on how I feel that day :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:), then I get my mixture up to room temp and start messing with the magic dirt.

Then I do the whole a/c, d/e filtration get it to yellow and then I rotovap it at 35°c

Edit: then I gotta purge out the alcohol from the eho which is a different kind of fucking hell that again hydrocarbon extracts make it easier on you by bho slabs being easier to purge than eho slabs.

I don’t decarb EHO

(I honestly need to get different magic dirt.)

2 Likes

I’ve never given rso that I’ve made to someone with cancer and followed up so I wouldn’t know.

1 Like

You know what else makes CLS quite a bit better than using bucket tek and a roto; the solvent recovery time and the fact that if you get ½"lines for recovery with CLS and you get the recovery just right you can be ripping through the recovery phase in under 10 mins especially if you’re only running a lb of material cause I think that’s what like 6 lbs of solvent needed and at 1min per lb… Holy fuck!!!

I haven’t switched to ½" yet but… 1-2 min/lb and waiting 6 to 12 mins… Compared to what for the roto? An hour?

1 Like