New ways to quench

Ok so rereading your post I am trying to understand the steps taken and I have some questions
As @oscar asked was this a crude extract winterized with some terpenes still present mother liqueur ?
Or was it a motherliquer as result of a isolation salting process ?
So after washing you dried solvent of water content by adding cacl to the solution

Please explain above quoted
There is NO alcl3 anhydrous in that solution at this time and hydrated alcl3 is very improbable

A 1.2% thc-a yield ? And what else ?
Was in that solvent free oil ? Cbd-a
Other minor cannabinoids ?
Or did it almost all disappear to unknowns ( very probable iso-thc-a)
If the temps where well below 0C and an overdose of alcl3 was used in the reaction > 80gr per kg input material

So hunch number one
Cbd-a extracted by Medusa gas (bho)
Was used as feedstock and the dea amine never gave isseus for it doesn t interact with cbd-a but it does with thc-a
And it doesn t with alcl3/alcl4
So still present and caused a Medusa crash

Hunch number 2
Cbd-a was conceived by salting and the amine used was still present in minute amounts >0.01% and created the Medusa crash

Hunch numero 3
An amine was used in the reaction as buffer to avoid decarboxilation by the aggressive nature of alcl3
Resulting in above mentioned scenario
I would then recomend
Tetra ethyleen glycol dimethyl ether

As buffer instead of an amine
In natural extracts there is always 2-5% cbd-a B present and in isomerized rxn
It became thc-a B Wich is a lot less soluble in polar solvents than the A form
@moronnabis might have an explanation about the reason the solubility of the two is difrent

4 Likes

One major difference is THCA-A can make an intramolecular h-bond with the ortho hydroxyl.
THCA-B can not. this phenomenon is somewhat pH dependent.
CBDA is very different.

3 Likes

@EagleChem this tread might be of interest :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

WOW. Roguelab. King.

1 Like