New member saying thanks and my build

Hey there and thanks so much to everyone for sharing this amazing resource. I am new to the game but have worked in the industry for a good while. My first purchase was an eden labs coldfinger desktop. I got it off eBay for 7 bones. My next purchase was a harvest right pharma freeze dryer to make sure I don’t lose material. That’s my initial extraction process. And yes, I was dumb. I thought I could run this through an evaporation device and have it made, but chlorophyll burst my bubble. I have now purchased a rotary evaporator used for dirt cheap (300) and a Buchner filter etc. I just found a Welch 8920 I’m picking up Thursday for 100 but the guy has no clue even what it is so rolling the dice on that. The oil looks clear so… My next get will be a 1L spd and from what I’m gathering here I’m going to get a good mantle, a good head and BF then try to do the rest sort of cheaply. I’m very tempted to just get USA Labs 1L glass and mantle kit and just roll with that. Any other suggestions? I was feeling confident- I have a background in pharmaceutical research- but after seeing this I am really feeling like I can do this. Thank you to all you who share your info. I intended on documenting my process like I would at work so I will be sharing that as well.
So here are my questions- anyone ever use one of these coldfinger extractors? If I run it slow and super cold I get amazing stuff out. If I let it go to long or get to hot it goes to pure stank hell.
The Welch 8920 is 7 cfm and gets plenty low- is it going to work assuming I can get it to work? I’m thinking yes but not read much about that pump. Does it have a bad rep?
What am I missing? Am I missing anything key to my set up? Any advice for a newbie?
Thanks in advance and thanks for this forum. It’s truly amazing. I’m forever in the debt to all you who are here before me.
Thanks!

1 Like
2 Likes

Thanks! I’m excited to get everything set up and running. It’s close. I picked up a 2021 as well so I have two pumps - I may sell one later if I don’t need it. I appreciate the response!