New here. but am hoping to learn; D10 to HHC , isomer favoritism compared to from D8 or D9 ? am i onto the right idea or naaive?

i’m sorry, it could be a stupid habit i got from modeling F vs Cl etc on alkyl chains in phenethylamine poking around
!>(i’d call it research, at my level of knowledge, using what abilities i have to concieve of possiblies so i can learn and discover; but, i really don’t have the solid surety of a thing, i’m just thinking anout possibiliesnlike hypothesis and trying to develop an understanding of it)!<

but that’s addition to alkyl not pi bonds and i thought they were related

i’ve modeled some interesting things off CBF where i flipped the terpene and left only one double bond. and also a seemingly nice (as molecular fitting goes) copy of thc, thch where the benzene is an azulene and the two oxygens come off the 1 and three with the carbon bond on the two !
fascinating really; i’ll post the i think 4, just because i’m exited

When Shulgin and Nichols got started the notion of a receptor was still really vague. Nichols himself talks about it in a great Mushroom Revival Podcast.

The morphability you refer to is nowadays called induced fit.

3 Likes

induced fit ! thanks ! here’s some molecules i modeled; notice that the d8 and d9 isomers have different alkyl chain configurations…on iaspartan; i don’t really know; but here’s some curious ones, i tried with inverted terpene of CBE/CBF as and HHC like thing, and also an azulene compound that has a unique kind of “feel” to it being interesting.

doctor nichols told me that aromaticity seems to be important in the 5ht2a docking, when i was starting to get an idea about that.
so maybe, possibly, an azulene in the right layout gives a very good or better substitute for benzene and brings out unique effect. the delta 8 version stayed flatter on the 3rd carbon ring , with a straight alkyl chain like d9 i believe. but the d9 version kind of faces towards you if you look at it alkyl chain on.

i think it’s cool !

2 Likes

here is the “delta 8 Azulene version of THC”, the electrohilic bond in the 1,3 azulene, and thenucleophilic cabin bond at the 2, possibly render this molecule stable with enough electron withdrawal from the pentene (?) ring of the azulene.
trouble seems to be the OH is not planer and it possibly not unstable molecule as at least the d9 one looked ? being that azulene skeleton may be metabolized much more rapid , perhaps it’s moot, but also if it is electronically stable (?) aromatically stable (?) then it coyld prove fine in the d9 case, maybe ?

2 Likes

Aromaticity or more specifically, π-cation interaction, is exceedingly important in the vast majority of substrate-receptor binding.

2 Likes

yeah ! azulene has me fascinated ; i’ve been trying to blend it in with known organic compounds like the tryptamines, phenethylamines and ergolines but that’s theoretical … probably very complicated orgo, or relievingly not lol, gotta keep hope alive.

1 Like

the molecular confirmation on iSpartan in the case of azulene shows things variably with mo-cubed; and besides alkyl amine chain folding , especially in the case of a 2 (PEA) chalcogen (especially in a benzofuran/benzothiophene) …or that is an eye opener)

but the aromaticy on the azulene is revealed on mo-cubed where the pi bonds themselves show 1.whatever it is at an aromatic dotted line but between a double bind, the bond order is higher like maybe 1.8 if aromatic was 1.5 (i habe no isea rhe units, including atom charge)
so many idead don’t really pan out between the two looking glasses; however some things like mescaline from molecule is stable with a OCF3 instead of OMe at the 2 azulene (4 phenyl)

just for comparison, because these molecules are over 50 atoms and i can’t model them on mo-cubed (also they changed the app and it’s nearly impossible to use , for one molecule it is a while to construct and some rings like noids aren’t doable without the stick/marvin sketch feature now; it’s like it was intentionally sabotaged. jee

[Processing

this was for clarification of aromatic vs pi bonds on the mo-cubed calculations; in regards to Azulene in a different compound orientation;
however, …the nucleophilic bond in the thc idea (2-Azulene) , possibly stabilizes the molecule rather than have another electrophile ? i saw the pictures online about itimage

ok kirk out :vulcan_salute: lol

2 Likes

Fascinating shares

awesome ! i hope it’s constructive :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like