Need 500 kilos of crude Garbage\spent residue

I’ve tried that. I let us fully soak 8n straight acetone for a week. Didnt even put a dent in cleaning it at all.

I grab these 2L 2 neck 24/40 BF for 40.00.

1 Like

Ive always wondered if you could use it as a drag racing “sticky” compound

1 Like

uhhhh you dont have to do that… just pour out the residue while hot then toss in alcohol and let it reflux clean… if that doesnt work use toluene…

1 Like

the residue needs agitation, contact would take weeks to dissolve everything

I have a theory that this residue could be used in a process similarly to petroleum cracking for some interesting results. SPD based biofuels, anyone?

2 Likes

It is very much like the bitumen byproduct made in the petroleum distillation process. Perhaps someone with access to an NMR rig here could get it tested. I’d be happy to provide a sample.

2 Likes

this is the stuff we are looking for

I bet hot kerosene would do a good job of removing that shit.

1 Like

Hahaha hahaha I cant even imagine just throwing out my boiling flask every time I died when I read that. I’ve always just poured it out at the end of the run when it’s still liquid

4 Likes

I use an addition funnel to drop a bunch of room temp ethanol into the 130 degree bf fluid… steams the whole system out.

1 Like

would the black stuff be classified as a plastic? Hemp plastic ftw

I put a good amount of effort into trying to ID it’s primary constituents without success. If anyone has produced a good analysis love to see it

2 Likes

Dont do this, your flask will eventually crack. I had it happen to me. Let your flask cool, empty out as much tar as possible then put alcohol in there and turn the temp up.

5 Likes

What are you paying?

I just pour it out hot and when cools a lil solvent and good as new. Cheaper than buying new bf’s everytime

Large continuous supply in SF Bay Area.
What are you paying?