My love for building extractors (diy)

if you scoop up a portable voc gas detector check your fittings that you attach and detach every run. Your system needs to be pressurized of course.

Chiller and heater lines going in. 1” tubing manifolds

Now just need the insulation…

19 Likes

Stainless triclamp for heating and cooling? I gotta get out to the Home Depot in your town. Your builds are so crisp.

5 Likes

Thanks bro, this was the cheapest solution to what we needed. Well, cheapest while still doing things the right way.

11 Likes

I’ve seen static from a bucket put someone on a helicopter ride.
Plastic homer/lowes buckets should never be used around running extractors.

6 Likes

I recommend the “rub it on a wook test”.

Anything new proposed to be taken into the booth needs to be rubbed vigorously on a dry, ungrounded Wook for at least sixty seconds.

Both the Wook and the object are then grounded, any static discharge from either the Wook or object means it’s a no go.

Try that with a 5gal plastic bucket…

Edit: here in OR, actually finding a DRY Wook is problematic at some times of year, using a Wook at ambient humidity will at least give some reassurance. See: Static electricity ⚡️

24 Likes

Might have just saved my life. This community rocks. Could I use steel buckets if I cannot completely eliminate buckets from my process?

1 Like

Expansion columns are being added to the Derrick. This should help me process even faster.

Pictured is the bottom of the column, with the first set of Bizzy double-sided Filter Spool (20um and 10um)

9 Likes

Is BVV seriously brokering us stuff off alibaba?? And thar being said is their equipment safe to run? I’ve seen nothing about equipment failure from them but now I’m curious

I noticed only your reducer is jacketed. I started with the Apollo too so my collection isn’t big enough for crc with Mt column. Anyways is your recovery time sufficient with just the jacketed reducer or should I get a jacketed spool as well?

1 Like

Hit up Calvin at bizzybee and get the gylon gaskets. They’ll last longer than anything you’ve ever used and they only cost like $45. Tell him I told you bout em

12 Likes

My recovery time is great, though I think that has more to do with the fact it’s 1/2" all the way back to the tank. Jacketed base works fine, but it would be nice to have a jacketed spool because id be able to hit the same recovery rate with lower temps, and save more terps

2 Likes

yeah id like to make that switch to gylon as well. they look pretty nice and i hear more and more people are making the change to them.

4 Likes

You absolutely should. With how fast I’d go through the ftfe envelope ones and the price then compared to the gylon. It’s mental to keep buying the ptfe

5 Likes

19 Likes

6 Likes

nice is that 3/4 Swagelok tubing?

1” tubing

4 Likes

baller :muscle: sweet set up!

1 Like

Watch how I do this…

14 Likes