Micro crc... šŸ¤”

2010ish

1 Like

Youā€™re lucky if you can get 10 a G of mids down south central tx 2020 lol

2 Likes

Yeah bro your time machine is broke. Lets continue reminiscing about last week. remember when weed was 5k a lb?

3 Likes

That 4800 hookup

1 Like

Iā€™m so sorry - what is that powerdy stuff - how does it help? Iā€™m limited in what I can do and happy to employ little tweaks to the run to tweak the product.

Magic powder, give this a read

2 Likes

So itā€™s entirely possible to use those materials in an open blast tube? Thatā€™s super fucking interesting.

Not really, you will obligatorily get powders through due to the lack of a proper filter, but itā€™s still cool to see what happens

Couldnā€™t one use the ultra clear from @Waxplug1 or the crx media for it?

I prefer the powders personally, but the granules should be able to filter easily and shouldnā€™t increase the psi needed to inject the solvent.

Itā€™s totally doable, but open blasting isnā€™t great. If youā€™re gonna do it @lexiiii121, be safe.

3 Likes

You still cannot account for the dust that flakes off these larger granule media. Never try to run crc without a sintered disk. Period. This is coming from a guy who used to run 5 filter plates with a gradient of filter papers down to 1um after the crc and STILL got powders through sometimes. Sinterred disk or nothing.

4 Likes

Iā€™m gonna disagree with the absolute need for a sintered disc.

Enough depth filtration will negate the need for a sintered disc.

Not gonna argue with the possibility of dust coming off the granules. But if itā€™s for personal use, Iā€™m gonna go out on a limb and say the amount of fines that come off arenā€™t going to be a huge deal.

People have been smoking dust for ages, and a trace amount of powders isnā€™t any different Iā€™d argue.

4 Likes

If itā€™s only for personal use, sure, smoke straight powders if you want like dirtyarmfarm. But if this is to sell even a gram of, it is wholely and completely immoral to sell a product which is definitively contaminated.
Donā€™t poison your custys yā€™all :pray:t2::100::call_me_hand:t3:

3 Likes

.22um or nothing seems to be the new standard. Thatā€™s what Iā€™m working towards.

7 Likes

Custys make the world go around

4 Likes

This is definitely personal for @lexiiii121, Iā€™ve read a few of their comments and theyā€™ve mentioned itā€™s just for their own use.

I agree if itā€™s for sale, thatā€™s a different story though.

And while I agree with the sentiment of a pure product, I do find the panic people stir up about trace amounts of bentonite in an extract silly.

People that put their lungs through torture on a daily basis clutching pearls about dust is weird to me.

3 Likes

@Krative You may not be able to keep powders out without a sintered disk, but to suggest others cannot is ignorant.

4 Likes

This is an agreed upon thing at this point. Even with perfect seating of your filter papers you will not be able to consistently keep all powders out. If you donā€™t believe me try it out. Do 3 runs like this and dissolve a bit of each in some ethanol to check.

Is it explicitly possible? Sure.
Is it probable or consistent? Not even close

1 Like

I have tried it. Depth filter with felt stops it all man. I even dumped b80 straight on the depth filter and nothing made it through. It is easy and cheap, and extremely consistent.

3 Likes

My old filter stack with papers actually had an accidental fail safe that stopped powders from slipping by. They get around the edge of the paper and side of the spool. My old one had thick rings, so the second paper and ring were sealed around the edge by the gasket between the triclamp. Which wasnā€™t by design, but worked. Exception to the rule

1 Like

I use a support disc with a felt disc similar to the bvv style of sintered disc in place of the sinter. Theirs fits inside a custom gasket.

Works just fine for me. No powders at all visible, I canā€™t say on the microscopic level tho.

2 Likes