Membrane filtration for Fats, Lipids, Chlorophyll and Ethanol removal

Link ?
How would you filter out 1 kg of fats and waxes
How would you filter out 10 kg of fats and waxes
Both at temperatures below 40F /40C
?
What type of filtration to take out 1 kg of powders. ( bentonite) how 10 kg
Teach us the fastest route at afordible pricing we are all ears !!

6 Likes

Interested for sure. Will you send me some samples to test for us?!

2 Likes

Material type that filter is made of?

1 Like

We have sanitary bag filter housings/ media to filter gross solids then we offer lenticular housings/ filter media to manage particulate removal and then color/ aroma through Carbon lenticular filtration. All done at temperatures of -40C and lower.

2 Likes

What the pro way for bag filters when a bentonite sluge is pushed treu
Pressure by means of gas (air)
Or pressure by means of liquid (sludge )
Pump ?
If a liquid pump is recommended wich brand and type of pump would that be ?
Wich brands have solvent proof pumps that can Handel sludges at 60 psi ?
Thx

1 Like

you guys (heyes) have a cartridge filter that goes down to 0.2um? currently have a SS 33" sock filter with every micron 200/100/75/50/25/15/10/5/3/1/0.5 bags but would like sterile/biological down to 0.2um.

3 Likes

I use a milipore stainless housing with a cartridge and i believe you can get on that goes to .2. Im also not filtering te amounts you guys are but it works great for my sop

3 Likes

We sell a few different kinds of filters that go down to 0.2 Āµm. Graver ZTEC WB are an absolute-rated final filter with 99.999999% accuracy at their stated retention rating. Like all absolute-rated filters they will clog quickly unless youā€™re protecting them upstream with a nominally-rated prefilter like Graver QMC in 0.4 or 0.2 Āµm.

Weā€™ve also seen success with customers using Graver GFC borosilicate glass cartridges for upstream filtration. Since borosilicate glass carries an ionic charge, it has a natural tendency to attract organic materials which can be beneficial in clarification.

We also sell the housings and make cart-mounted two-housing setups with or without built-in pumps, etc. Hit me up if you need anything WRT cartridges or housings. Graver makes great filters at a reasonable price here in the USA.

6 Likes

Yes pall has them in all flavors

1 Like

This is true. And on a molecular level these membranes also often have long-chain functional groups on the surface. They can interact in different ways. Things are most complicated in a polar solvent. For a nanofiltration membrane, the steric hindrances that occur, and the surface charge, can vary with a number of factors, including pH.

We understand membranes pretty well when removing molecules from water. The available published science for organic solvents is much smaller.

12 Likes

Thank you! I appreciate that.

2 Likes

Please reach out to Heyes Filters Inc. We ahve what you need!! Get Heyesā€™d!!

2 Likes

I actually have an order for a skid from sterlitech. Iā€™m super interested in picking your brain a bit about the entire process. Iā€™ve got all the basic SOPā€™s but nothing exactly stating its use in this particular field, needless to say its exciting to run some R&D on this bad boy!

Getting an 1812 with a 4040 attachment so I can scale up easier.

1 Like

What solvent are you using? That determines what membrane you use.

Where are you located?

1 Like

Our process does not incorpaorate a ā€œmembraneā€ in the filter setup but rather a lenticular housing with carbon media in a module form. No loose Carbon to deal with. We also sell pre-filtraiton equipment ā€œupstreamā€ to maximize the efficiency of the carbon process for color and odor remediation. Some folks do put a membrane filter ā€œdownstreamā€ as an insurance blanket to make sure NO carbon gets into the Short Path Distillation process.

2 Likes

sorry, we are in Torrance CA. 310-212-7777 ask for Mike

1 Like

I sent you a private message. We can set a time to chat.

Anyone on this forum want a really good membrane primer?

8 Likes

Very interested in that membrane primer and thank you, Iā€™ll message you back rn.

1 Like

Thanks for hitting me up on IG, I look forward to having you stop by the lab when weā€™re up and running to play with some membranes

3 Likes

saw some 12ā€™ membranes in a licensed op in LA. they are members of this forum