Member of the Month(s).. Don't Vote in this thread, it's the other

New thread is up!!! Please migrate over there to revote. I’m closing out this poll, and deleting it from my post!
Shit I can’t delete it! @Killa12345 can you delete this poll for me?

3 Likes

i cant delete…only move close and hide… Maybe @sidco can help!

1 Like

I guess I gave up too fast to keep watching the shit show that was that openly rigged election to see the outcome. I don’t remember who started it, I know which people, plural, gave it the most breath, and I only mentioned that one person specifically because they were trying trying to throw shade on my participation.

That was also about the time everyone decided this honor was more important than memorializing @Beaker so yeah, I just stopped paying attention for a few months.

I am glad @Capttripppp is heading it up now, and things are getting back towards positive, but y’all wanted to know why people weren’t voting, I just wanted to bring light to potential reasons.

10 Likes

I’m trying to bring the positivity, and honor back to it! I want everyone to want to vote, and to want to participate (both to be mentioned, and voting). After I won 2 months back I put up a vote about me running it, and everyone voted for it. So I’m pretty serious about it!

We’ll have to figure out how We’re going to do the Beaker award, how we will pick people for the vote, etc. I’m all ears, and happy to do what I can to make it happen!

6 Likes
6 Likes

I was bored with other weed websites talking about growing. People engaged me here on a deeper level. GLG nomination just cemented my love for this place!

Now we are going to be at the Cannabis Business Times Expo in Vegas August 24-26 flying a Future 4200 logo and wearing lab coats hoping to meet some of you hooligans.

12 Likes

I still think MOM Is overkill

Make it member of year and I think it will carry some real weight…

At this rate, In like 5 years everyone will be a MOM lol

8 Likes

Maybe you can get it on 3/3.

Thought I might be the only one… but I think there’s a reason the vote turnout is so low every month and the fact it was forgotten about for months at a time before @Capttripppp took over…

There isn’t really enough productive activity to warrant a monthly “top contributor”… maybe every 6 months or once a year… but it just seems super cheap to me to have a new “user of the month”… could be I am way off here and in the minority…

6 Likes

Yeah no offense to any MOM winners but it’s just too much for me.

I did my part and voted but yeah. Definitely not needed monthly imo…

3 Likes

It’s a positive force, and I think gives others a reason to want to contribute more to the forum. The people listed have truly given to the forum, and you don’t think it’s a positive thing to hold a different member up each month. To be honest, did I deserve MOM? I certainly haven’t given as much as the members listed this month, but I try to give back however I can. I lack the knowledge that so many of you have, but I’m trying.
So yeah, maybe some don’t deserve it… BUT, I would like to try to turn that around.
And I agree with the Yearly Member. Just trying to bring some positivity when there’s so much fucked up shit, and negativity going on in other parts of the forum. That’s MY goal anyway…

12 Likes

I just want to say that the people listed this month were SO PROUD to be listed they shared it on IG! So that shows that it has some meaning, at least to me

11 Likes

I came to post the same thing. Not that prior mom awards weren’t warranted. It’s just that sooner then later it will get watered down to the point where it’s people who are generally positive members of the site, who are well liked, and share their well deserved knowledge. This site, and most threads are full of people like the previous sentence. It’s the norm for the site and why I love it so much. A mom in my eyes should be a step above that if that makes sense. Someone who pushed the game forward in a tangible way.

Maybe make it kind of like the nobel prize. Not only a way to award members who contribute, but also a way to educate us as to the cutting edge

Awards for yearly contributions in
Various fields and it’s subcategories

Cultivation,- knowledge, genetics ,
extraction , edibles. , Etc.

5 Likes

I suggested it over a year ago

MOTQ (quarterly/seasonally) might be a bit better. And holds more weight. With a yearly honor prize separately.

5 Likes

And the community took care of it. Granted some needed a little nudge from @Future

EDIT…I’m personally honored to be a MoM and its definitely inspired me to contribute more of what got me there. MORE TO COME from me… :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

9 Likes

im super honored to be MOM also…it inbedded me here

4 Likes

I agree w the 1/4 it would make it more special

1 Like

Someone throw a vote up, and let the community decide.

1 Like

each of has helped in different wayss…its not always the perfect topic created but maybe the new idea inside the topic that ramped it even more.forward as a collective.

But some have definitely giving way more SOPs here

3 Likes