Material size when blasting

are you referring to running keif or bubble?

I think it will be more “keify” rather than a nice refined hash. I will also probably use a thermos method type extraction rather than blasting though. If I were to blast, I’d probably mix it up with a little trim, nug or marbles first.

Either, or. The lipids, inactive compounds, vegetable oils, etc are what make shatter, “shatter”. The lack of those being present would give you a more pure extract. It may shatter up with great clarity. Depending on how dry you let the resin heads (terps drying out and turning into fats from oleresin), it would still shatter up but not as stable as the latter.

Not wasting time on washing it with water and drying. You could leave the plant matter in place, run your solvent as cold as possible

1 Like

I will probably dry it out a bit in a spinner and then freeze it at -40 or -50C and I do need some material for edibles and carts, so if the terps are gone, no biggie this go around. Will see how it shatters up along the way too.

1 Like

This is a confusing statement because from my understanding what makes a shatter stable is carbolic acids, this what gray wolf would always preach, lipids, fats, oils are things that would reduce the stability. I could be wrong here.

3 Likes

I can grind 30 lbs of bud material easly within an hour with that nugget buster, the trim on the other hand can be whizzed with a powerdrill 5lbs at a time.
We recently switched from running whatever to exclusivly bud material.

4 Likes

I’m pretty sure you have that backwards. I’ve made a few slabs in my day. Fats and inactive compounds make shatter “shatter”. The lack of those inactive compounds, with higher terpene content because of less fats etc etc. The concentrate is less “shattery” and more pure. It will also tend to sugar up faster under less agitation, as the terpenes will always win, when trying to escape.

3 Likes

Bet your liking those yeilds :wink:

https://express.google.com/u/0/product/7179078847940062295_7860403366532381333_7815?utm_source=google_shopping&utm_medium=tu_cu&utm_content=eid-lsjeuxoeqt%2Ceid-lcjybysgxm&gtim=CL721KTMgKSSmgEQ3aXr4qbmhNEzGPCLxAkiA1VTRCig1JPfBTCHPQ&utm_campaign=7815&gclid=EAIaIQobChMInc-Ut4S-3gIVRkGGCh2jiA81EAQYASABEgKSGvD_BwE

I use this. It’s a bitch doing multiple grinds but… It works.

Yeilds are really good, Not to mention restored pride in my work.:man_farmer:

3 Likes

Honestly nice to get back to that, tired of feeling like a hooker!

2 Likes

you know it lol, hard days!

1 Like

Freeze and a large steem asphalt roller would make it easy peasy!!! :yum:
One pass and it’s ready!

1 Like

heat that bitch up and press some rosin! :fire::tractor:

3 Likes

:thinking: you just scaled rosin!

that might have been patentable…:joy:

2 Likes

more discussion on the hows/whys of grinding…

1 Like

Love the idea of these but haven’t tried one yet. If there is anyone who can develop a better version of it, please help me with this idea: that device standing straight up with an open bottom and a catch bag/container underneath. Basically you dump in material through the top, it continually spins and falls through as a fine powder. Not small batches, just a big collection container that you can remove easily, eg a tote. Or even better! Into a sleeve that can go right into a tube.

looks identical to the futurolla: see Biomass Grinding at various scales? above.

Right yeah they’re basically the same, and the dumping out every time and unfriendly buttons are the issue.
Worx 13 Amp Electric Leaf Mulcher with 11:1 Mulch Ratio and Fold-down Compact Design – WG430 Amazon.com
Was thinking combine it with this idea. I see how the dust could be an issue, but if you can have a lid or longer loading tube made of ptfe or whatever to have it nonstick it could help a lot

What would you connect to the drill? Link? Thanks