Material Column Jacket Uses

I run a jacketed material column that is vacuumed down to retain temp better. There is frequently a small amount of butane typically left in the column in a small puddle that is difficult to recover, is that what your referring to? Or just the vapor in the column when you open?

In my experience if there’s a puddle left you’re losing a couple of pounds of solvent at least. Maybe I’m a little too obsessed with recovering everything but I feel like it’s safer and it cuts down on time spent topping off the solvent tank.

2 Likes

Drain or empty the jacket and fill with hot water or circulate hot water and recover it all

In my experience the colder the material the more it’s gonna hold bc butane likes the cold

Butane is a consumable, and an extremely cheap one.

5 Likes

This is the realization I came to also. The juice just isn’t worth da squeeze. At least with my set up it’s not.

4 Likes

It totally depends how you reinvest your savings, We saved enough butane to afford the extra material columns, so we could recover more butane without slowing us down, granted this will scale with the size of a project, but I did the math and its worth it if your not tying up your columns with hot jackets and active recovery. we shoot every 25-35min’s

3 Likes