Manipulation of Humidity and Watering Cycle for speed growth?

Abstract:

Based on findings I’ve learned that Humidity is important for the Water Absorption for Cannabis growth.

The main idea that has crossed my mind is to have an extreme controlled environment to manipulate humidity to be at the peak/maximum humidity allowed during the stage of growth the Cannabis plant is in, only on days corresponding to feeding cycles; Then proceeding to drop the humidity levels back to the lowest most acceptable levels slowly throughout a time period of ~1 hour and then maintain the lowest most acceptable humidity levels.

This makes me think that a cannabis plant in vegetation will speed drink the water or will manipulate the plant into thinking it can consume the water in a manipulated time frame.

3 Likes

Check out a vdp chart. I used to follow vdp perfectly, but gave up on it. I didnt really see a difference between following and not worrying about it.

6 Likes

I grew in a low humidity tent last grow and it made the thing skinny as a rail. … It has to make some kind of a difference…

3 Likes

I ran & do run vpd. In closed sealed it really pushes opening of stomata which in return leads to 100% transpiration rate. As we know 100% transpiration is 100% growth rate.

The opening of stomata allows for the diffusion of carbon dioxide from the air to allow for photosynthesis. Transpiration also cools plants, changes
osmotic pressure of the cells an enables mass flow of nutrients & water from roots to shoots.

I didn’t start out running vpd but as I dialed in rooms it was the icing in the cake. YMMV

8 Likes

It’s only a single critical part of the environment to control. Makes a huge difference.

For example…my garden is literally out if control due to explosive growth. I’m at day 21 of flower and I’m overgrown having vegged for 5 days out of stress from clone. It’s because I’m trying to stay in the VPD range, or just under humidity wise. To make that VPD really work, I’ve got a fully sealed room @1500ppm co2, and nutrients in the RDWC staying on point PPM wise. The lighting doesn’t seem to even be as critical at this point because the plants have everything they need to kill it…

7 Likes

Metal vs classic music may just be better because it’s forcing air through the stamata faster.

Anyone tried bass music…?

3 Likes

My son grew bigg plants using metal as opposed to classically for a school project. Pretty neat!

3 Likes

That made me smile.

2 Likes
2 Likes

My lung room ambient rh is never above 60%. My currently veg room is 35%ish and 82* (lights on).

2 Likes