Making diamonds from old shatter/wax?

Is it possible to make diamonds for old wax or shatter ? Have some old low quality stuff I want to do something besides edibles with and also have some stuff that came from moldy bud . I tried filtering out the mold spores with a .2 micron syringe filter but it didn’t work, got clogged every time . Wondering if I could separate the thc diamonds from the mold spores during the diamond mining process… but I can’t find any good tech on turning old previously made wax and shatter into diamonds ? Any help is a lot of help thanks :pray:

1 Like

i dont think soo… more dilution threw the .2 filter or nothing homie… id have it tested before even crashing to make sure you got all the mold out…

you certainly dont wanna get mold encapsulated in the diamonds… there isnt many good ways to do this at all…might be a loss

2 Likes

Fascinating.

Just sharing link I didn’t know this and it’s a good read.

1 Like

its not a very efficient process and most of the time not worth it because of the time and labor… its certainly possible but usually not cost effective…

2 Likes

Thanks for the tip guys , guess I just make edibles with it all , decarboxylation will kill it off and make it 100 percent safe

never heard that before… can you point me to that article? i didnt think its that easy

3 Likes

Sorry I lied lol , one more question . Would winterization help separate the spores from the good stuff ?

2 Likes

I would think winterize, run through .2 filter and try crashing and seeing.

Didn’t get a specific cannabis tech on it just no mold in General is sensitive to heat and cold , below 0 or above 175 should kill most molds

1 Like

So long as you’re not dealing with aspergillus. It which case you’re dealing with toxins not spores…

4 Likes

Need to know what mold you are dealing with before deciding whether a heat treatment is possible. Botrytis cinerea spores can be inactivated at pretty low temps. Aspergillus is a whole different animal.

1 Like

yes. see: Search results for 'diamonds shatter' - Future4200 for several discussions on the subject.

at what dilution? in what solvent?

you’ll want at least 5 parts solvent to one part extract to make this work. Ethanol will be easier. see: Search results for 'spore removal' - Future4200

(seriously. search and read…link above)

unlikely. chances are the spores would actually act as nuclei for your THCA crystals. So most would be built around a spore.

How are you getting crystallizable THCA from hemp?

1 Like