Low temperature terpenes extraction method

Still using the oven? I’d be interested in understanding the apparatus. I’m a synthetic organic chemist, so engineering equipment wasn’t a part of my training.

So far I’ve seen people use steam and BHO as mentioned in this thread, to prextract. It always comes down to yields in the end. At the end of the day it’s distillation/co-distillation.

As I continue my research I found something else interesting. There is another way to extract wide range of terpenes. Using ultrasonic technology to break down plant material…?

I can make sense out of it. Many years ago I had a big stone in my kidney. There was a procedure. they put me to sleep and using this ultrasonic waves they broke down that stone

1 Like

Is the active ingredient in mugwort in the cytoplasm?

How about your favorite molecules?

If you’re gonna use ultrasonics, you need to kief first imo.

Scream at them loud or long enough (at the right frequency), and you can also isomerize cannabinoids.

4 Likes

Moved on from the oven, now using triclamps parts/fittings. Just a regular material spool connected to a cold trap, connected to a pump. There are some nuances, but its all pretty basic.

When people evacuate there CLS prior to running, does there vac oil/exhaust end up smelling terpy?

3 Likes

If you can get to decarb temps in your recovery pot on bho an loop it thu a cold trap you will be very happy

1 Like

No O2 in there…

What?

Too cryptic huh?

you got any O2 in your collection pot?

No. at least one would hope not.

can you tell me one easy way to wreck terpenes?

Heating them in the presence of oxygen maybe?? (if that wasn’t mentioned up thread, it should have been)

Are you suggesting that? :thinking:

Hmmmm…nope.

shit! it might actually work…

except it was originally delivered as a hint, not a clue-by-four.

3 Likes

When the minions run the vac pumps for a month without changing the oil, and don’t use the ballast valve as the SOP suggests, what is the smelly stuff diluting your oil? :slight_smile:

1 Like

How do steam terpenes compare to CO2 terps?

A fuller spec and aroma
Probably deu to more water solubles
Down side biomass is fucked after the process
Vapor distilling with solvent vapors doesn t have that
Ether , ethane, and,pentane
Pentane/acetone azeotrope make me very curious

2 Likes