Looks like oil at bottom of EtOH jar

My first time here. This was made from some decarbed trim. I tried about 1-2 cc before I evaporated about 90% of the alcohol. Got a good long lasting buzz. I’m guessing if I tried 1-2 cc now I’d get blasted.

3 Likes

Now that we can see it…

Yep. That’s cannabis oleoresin.

Them 1k word substitutes really help…

go read your initial question again. No way to answer it without the addition details you were prodded into providing.

Extract faster and colder next time.

See: Search results for 'Qwet' - Future4200

Edit: what is your goal? I prefer to decarb the resin rather than the flower, because it’s easier to tell when it’s done (vs guess)…the bubbles stop.

3 Likes

So, that’s the good shit?

1 Like

I’d guess that yes this is definitely cannabis extract or as @cyclopath and other more eloquent folks would say “oleoresin” (which is what it is)

I’d assume several things, you didn’t use very low temperature ethanol in your extraction AND you haven’t evaporated the entirety of solvent. Keep getting rid of solvent and that dark black goop is your extract.

The color improves with temperature of your solvent, filtration, and several other variables.

4 Likes

That’s a slight exaggeration in this case, but yeah

4 Likes

I’ve been called all kinds of things, not sure eloquent comes up often :joy::rofl::joy:

-Loquacious of board
(Resistors are futile, try capacitors)

4 Likes

Your remaining alcohol is crashing oil droplets because of the high water content. If you pull a vacuum on a saturated alcohol/water solution you can swing it into supersaturation and crash out some nice oil. This happens to me during methanol winterization under vacuum

4 Likes
2 Likes

Dare I say, I believe the eloquent explanations are zooming right over his head.
I mean, “Is this the good shit?” not descriptive enough? Of all of the loquacious descriptions that could be pulled out the Ether, he ended on this one…
But hey, see a bonfire might as well get a chair!

3 Likes

Are you a Gemini? Just wondering. Seems like something a Gemini would say.

2 Likes

Looks like what a lot of us probably got on our first homemade solvent runs.

It sounds like you’re just using it for edibles so it’ll work for what you’re doing. I definitely wouldn’t dab it. Personally I’d dissolve it in a little bit of coconut oil next then scoop it into 00 gelatin capsules then store then in the fridge. I don’t imagine it tastes very good so I’d avoid using it in gummies but it’ll get the job done for what you’re trying to do. I wouldn’t worry too much about the appearance if it’s just getting stuffed into capsules but the advice in this thread will definitely get you on the right track.

Temp, speed, humidity, age/moisture content of material

6 Likes

For all intents and purposes, yes… It is indeed “the good shit”…

3 Likes

Joe dirt taught me what the good shit was

3 Likes

You got moisture in your alcohol, whether from lower proof or from atmospheric conditions. You’ll need to make RSO out of it. Just evaporate the rest of the liquids. Decarb it or not depending on usage.

2 Likes

what state are you in?

is that Everclear 150 proof or 190 proof? (varies by state).

Welcome to the future @smoorman! Plenty of good info here, just a search away. :slight_smile: Lots of good advice right here in this thread, and even more in the links above.

Bucket tek is a great starting point for excellent ethanol extracts. Pretty easy to scale up or down as needed. I like working in a double walled stainless french press for small scale stuff. Larger scale works better with a centrifuge of some sort.

1 Like

@smoorman Ethanol Azeotropes - Attn: EtOH cannabis extractors!

You may want to look into this.

3 Likes

Great answers. And I appreciate them all. I’m gonna like this place. Some background. I’m in MI. I’m 68 years old and starting in the late 60’s did every drug out there, good and bad. Took a 35 year hiatus from drugs and played engineer until I retired and moved back to MI which coincidently went legal about that time. Strictly cannabis related stuff now. You can grow up to 12 plants here (including my wife) so I’ve had anywhere between 1 to 31 at any given moment. Thought I’d attach a photo since this a “show off your goods” thread. I made the hash and the other stuff was given to me or I got a good deal on. Guy that gave me the RSO can smoke me under the table any day and he said the RSO was a bit much for him. lol. Thanks again.

3 Likes

Just to clarify, I am not calling my wife a plant. So don’t try starting any shit. JK

4 Likes

It takes all kinds! Having a plant for a wife wouldn’t be all that bad… And we accept all kinds.
Welcome the future! You’ll fit in where you ah, I forgot how it’s goes. They say weed causes short term memory loss… Anyway, welcome aboard. Just read allot, and try shit out. (I’m just pulling your leg, human wives are accepted here too!) You know, if you’re into that…

2 Likes