Looking for LED lights. Are these any good?

@Mix Which diode in this picture would you put in a high end grow light fixture?

2 Likes

I use Mars Hydro FCE6500 and got a smaller version too, switched from HPS. Its about 650 to 730 watt, theres is a bigger version and smaller versions.

My Fce6500 draws 650watt, ive checked.

I picked this after watching and reading a shit ton.

There are a couple of people on YouTube doing par tests on led lights, these mars hydro came out as one of the best, money/quality wise.

Best money ive spent, I was really impressed.

And I am getting another one soon I think, they now have a smart version with app control for 680€.

They also sell uv/ir bars too to place beteeen the led bars and are controlled sepparate, wich I am thinking of getting to play with.

1 Like

i’ve ordered 4 different LED’s off amazon and at first it was a " hey lets see if these can perform okay" just an experiment. well, they completely blew me away at how well they performed and how well my plants took to them. with dimmable options, broad spectrum, daisy chain capabilites, samsung hardware… i would gladly buy another $300 light from amazon. sorry not sorry. i know people will probably shit on these but it works for me and my girls love them.

1 Like

Samsung whites
Osram reds

1 Like

Bro but diodes are diodes

3 Likes

You say it’s the best, can you share your experience that brought you to that opinion? Genuinely interested

I recently was given an ion 720 from grow generation and have been very happy with the results so far.

$500

Otherwise I’ve been using gavita 1930’s other than being entirely to strong for my set up, I love the quality they produce

1 Like

Quality of light, addition sensors, cooling capabilities.

The down side is cost. Huge entry barrier for medium to large grows. However at one light I would deffinitly make it a top priority if I was looking to edge out the competition in a tent.

1 Like

Cuz it’s the iPhone of grow lights man, fully custied. It’s got live-streaming for your socials!

2 Likes

I get why you make that joke.

But when you can see your leaf temperature and measure without additional sensors that is an upside.

3 Likes

What kind of cooling capabilities?

Yeah I put in an inquiry for it, the page looks nice and there’s a lot of R&D behind it

Liquid cooled with a cooling tower. Insane on the efficiency side.

1 Like

Checking the link now

They have some nice YouTube’s of guys measureing ppfd at like 2000+ at HPS height :sweat_smile:

I didn’t see a price, what’s that thing run?

$2200 1000w bar I’m pretty sure. I have yet to play with the new one with the fancy sensors. Making these things run for what they are worth the cooling tower is not optional either.

Yeah makes sense given the design. I’d love to see how much moneys saved using water to cool

Response from the company:

wow. Fuck Agnetix. They must be trying to sell a cooling tower setup too.