Looking for Consultant - Kratom Extraction

Post it anyway in the datadump :pray:

3 Likes

Columbia labs in Portland does, for one

2 Likes

We have no set budget, but we are trying to keep costs as low as possible- we have a good amount of capital to invest but ideally we walk before we run. We already have a business and facility set up (we do other types of manufacturing).

We hope to process 60 kilos of powder per day, I was under the impression that ethanolic is the most efficient means to extract in this scenario. This is also the process i have been conducting/testing on lab scale

I think i did this right. Turns out my memory was a tad spotty but it basically covers high yield extraction with chloroform and chromatography. Probably not what the poster was looking for as i think he wants to make more of an extract of kratom (essentially a paste that contains a variety of the active alkaloids in the plant). This might be a bit too specific but you could always omit the chromatography and just do a simple chloroform extract that yields you a mostly Mitragynine compound with other alkaloids.

Kind of shooting from the hip here Check the paper.

Also, not sure if there is any interest but I have a textbook on the chemistry of Mitragynine and related compounds. Specifically it deals with the chemistry of compounds that are basically “atypical” opiates like Mitragynine. I can post that as well if anyone cares for it.

2 Likes
1 Like

Sounds to me like you are looking to make a purified kratom extract, not an isolate, correct?

A purified, easy to formulate broad spec extract is more fun to make as well as consume comoared to isolated MTG in my opinion.

3 Likes

Correct, a purified kratom extract

1 Like

Did you get this endeavor off the ground.

No it proved to be too difficult to scale for us

That’s sucks, would love to here about the endeavor and the bottle necks you faced.

3 Likes

Same.

2 Likes

I don’t guess where gonna get any stories. It’s safe to assume they ran there ethanol to cold and to fast bricking up the powder and plugging the socks, they then ran it a room temp increased the resonance time and got some black gold they of course turned in to some nasty tar and smeared all over there roto vap flask, they than tried to de fat the extract in the roto flask with a hydrocarbon and quickly realized it would take 10 liters of solvent to de fat a kilo of extract tying up a roto for full time hydrocarbon recovery. The boss said this shit isn’t worth the time and I’m not buying any more glass. Haha end of story.

1 Like

That’s a shame.

Do you think this would be worth the time if it was done right?

It’s absolutely worth the time, you just bring a cannabis :brain: into a kratom lab. The best :spoon: I could give anyone is concentrate on removing what you don’t want first and then worry about the good stuff. There finding that MIT may have evolved as a fungicide to protect trees growing in swamps, so naturally its extremely hydrophobic and takes a pretty aggressive solvent to extract. If you remove the chlorophyll, fats, & waxes first you can then strip it clean.

4 Likes

essentially this.

I feel you. I’ve been chipping at kratom for 18 months and just now started making headway. Failed so much it became a fetish. It honestly got pretty weird for awhile, sitting in the dark with a uv light screaming where’s my precious.

9 Likes

Kratom is a bitch and I gave up on that project for a while but reading your last comment makes me realize I am not alone
Briljant !!!

7 Likes

2 Likes

Have you ever tried to use crushed leaves instead of powder? I have heard steam is the best way to extracr kratom.