Looking 4 A Step By Step Guide to Making BHO Honeycomb Wax With A Vacuum Oven - Temps & Techniques

So I’ve been open blasting for the past year & a half or so & have also finally purchased a legit vacuum oven (Across International 0.9) to properly & fully purge my material as I usually do 3 unit runs. I have my shatter technique down to where it’s always of pull & snap consistency, hella mega clean & also consistent in yield ( 7% yield from 1 unit of trim = approximately a zip per unit processed - from running with the same strain every time, Martian Mean Green Crack) but I want to learn how to make honeycomb wax & preferably in a vacuum oven without having to constantly whip the BHO until you get the honeycomb wax consistency (If that’s even possible… I saw a video on youtube where a guy whipped the BHO right in the splatter platter & then again once he put it onto some parchment paper & then he put it in a vacuum oven @ 115 degrees supposedly for 12 to 20 hours but…the fucker never finished the video & showed what the end results came out like!!!)

Before having taught myself how to make shatter via youtube videos & through open blasting about 5 times with different people in different situations to make sure that I wouldn’t blow myself the fuck up before getting the balls to actually try it on my own, I worked for a large ass cannabis company where I worked in extractions & was actually taught how to make wax. The way they did it was after having processed the trim into BHO, they would put the BHO in a pie shaped pyrex & then whip the BHO in the pyrex & then put it into an oven @ 120 degrees while constantly taking the pyrex out & whipping the BHO, repeating this process until the BHO reached the wax consistency that they were looking for/it was completely purged.

The reason that I want to know to know whether I can make wax in a vacuum oven without having to whip it repeatedly is because I’m buying a 5 pound hydrocarbon closed loop setup & I’ll have a mobile unit where I will drive to my patients & process their material for a flat fee. My issue is that when I initially start my business, I’ll need to be able to leave product with my patient that day (wax), vice having to take their BHO back to my home to purge it for 4 days to make shatter as they will just be getting to know me & won’t trust me to come back with their product, etc.

I read the other day that whipping your BHO to turn it into wax is a low budget ass way to make wax but for my situation & like I stated previously, I’ve done it before at my old job, it would make more sense for me to just also invest in a regular oven where I could just repeatedly whip the BHO into wax myself in just a few hours tops & be able to leave product with my patients vice having to wait 12 to 20 hours & have to stay at my patient’s house while the wax purges in my vac oven.

Anyways, I’m looking for temperatures & techniques for regular ovens & vacuum ovens when making honeycomb wax. Any legit help & or advice would be sincerely appreciated! Jah Bless. 1

2 Likes

https://future4200.com/search?q=honeycomb

2 Likes

honeycomb. whip directly from the closed loop whip till its starts to get tight. then scrape place on parchment in the oven at 102° leave till it honeycombs. no vac. this never tests over 10ppm

10 Likes

Do you whip it on a hot plate immediately after extraction occurs or simply whip it ( no heat) for agitation then place in oven for drying? I’ve seen both techs and want to understand better. Thanks again for posting.

This is essentially just purged completely BHO, honeycomb is just the texture in which it is prepared

1 Like

just whip. no heat. sometimes after whipping for about 30-45 min if it’s not tightening up. I’ll place on heat and watch till a couple spots start to wax over and whip again for about 15-20 or till it feels tight.

1 Like

Refined tek.
Pour directly into Pyrex dish. Wait for it to sugar approx half way. Then give a 5 minute easy whip and put onto parchment into the oven at around 98-100°f till it finishes. No more than 12 hours no vac ever. It will test under 500ppm evertime. In these pics we have a 3lbs honeycomb cookie/sheet. Whipped once and once on heat it took 4 hours to finish.

15 Likes

interested in hearing more about this

1 Like

I love that consistency

2 Likes