Let's see your set up!

Flood the non sealed light with n2??? Really?

7 Likes

As proper as that is supposed to be. The gasses most present in that room are all extremely heavy. They most likely have won’t be able to get to the light. Bbuuutttt, if the light were to burst, throw an arc, or anything at the wrong moment, that could be fatal

3 Likes

Yea, silly. Hydrocarbons being heavier than air and all. If your vapors reach the ceiling, you have other problems. Like purple wah wahs and Percussive echoes.

8 Likes

wear full scuba and run the shed purged with n2

20 Likes

Yeah that was my thought too haha

2 Likes

If you’re trying to upgrade, you could check (12) 2 Lamp Explosion Proof LED Light Fixtures - C1D1 and/or C1D2 to see if they have any left.

3 Likes

100% true and if you have yor evac running at all times it will pull those vapors down and out.

The big concern is if and went a leak happens and it sprays a high pressure stream of vapors right at your lights.
Ideally you can prevent this by not putting lights by your equipment that go under pressure and or if you can build a sub ceiling and put your lights up in the sub area and have openings with plastic shields and your lights above them it would help you rest a little easier, that way if a leak happens it sprays the ceiling and shields but probably wont make it into the electrical components before your fans pull those vapors back down.

1 Like

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha

Gotta be careful with those non rated lights. Could have a fatal outcome. Not worth it. Would be a shame to see your sexy set-up destroyed over something as little as light fixtures. Like my Pappy always told me "If you’re going to do something do it right the first time cause there may not be a second chance to do it over again.
Love your build man​:+1::+1:

2 Likes

This is the setup used for our alcohol extraction. Those are the 4 light fixtures we used in there. LEDs.

5 Likes

The pull chain is were the issue would be. Its a spring loaded contact. They are notorious for sparks.

4 Likes

Yeah it’s c1d1

55 Likes

This needs to be moved to tricks of the trade! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

21 Likes

finally finished her up

set up for 2lbs now… and officially rack mounted. i gotta finish valvin off the sieve but other than that im purdy much done

thank you @Soxhlet and @Killa12345 for all the help

and no i push it out that big bay door and run right outside the door , this is just storage

this is a hobbie extractor nothing professional

started as a killa franken rig cls… ive got probably enough for 2 extractors in it now but o well i love it.

CRC ready

29 Likes

looking good Hollywood!

4 Likes

:facepunch::green_heart: any suggestions going from straight inline to rack?

throttle her back and run slow? and balls cold as always

If you’re gonna go rack, 3/8” lines that are short with a nice 3/8” ball valve (swagelok is great). Keep a high micron screen or plate in your material columns (especially if you use socks)—20 to 50 micron works great.

I pressure between 25 and 50 psi with N2. Never had a flow problem unless I fucked up a CRC.

Edit, I like to call the throttle a squeeze—close off your valve to collection while there’s still pressure in the material columns, wait 30 seconds and then open. Repeat till it’s not worth the drips you get

7 Likes

sounds like run it as normal…i have nitro push …ill be chilling both tanks to zero psi then adding about 50psi… im just glad i can run a 10:1 to see if im leaving stuff behind bc i believe on crc runs im leaving a decent amount but maybe not

i need to hose out the drain on the jacket where when i use water i csn release into the hot water tub and when its full cold alcohol i can drain it back into my cooling cooler

and i literally have a staged filter system w about 6 filters w 2 in each bc drop in plates and rings…from papers doubled several times…to felt tampon prefilters to 2 welded sintered disk a 5um and 1um

3 Likes

Love the set up, how do you weigh/cool that solvent tank?

1 Like

It’s jacketed, and it has a coil inside it. You can tell from those big old tubes coming up from the top/center of the tank