Learning Sugar Tech

either or. I’ve covered plates as soon as i finished the pour and watched it balloon up and ive forgotten about it for a day or over the weekend with the cover off.

honestly thats how people figured most of this shit out anyway, they got too high while extracting and forgot about a run they poured in a jar or plate and came back after a couple of days

1 Like

I poured right onto parchment with 1x.5 pieces of board for reinforcement on the tray and temp set around 100-105 no vac left over night 90% was done and ready by end of next day.

4 Likes

This sounds incredibly efficient, so your saying this is a good shortcut from having to form diamonds and then separate the HTE before melting. Very interested in anything you want to share on this.
I want to learn pan tek sugars for my own tool belt, but like you said, more caviar style formations. Why do you say pan tek will leave you in the dust?

I like to cold crash with low temp high energy. Dry ice is the most affordable option or liquid nitrogen. I like to cold crash fresh pours, the gas and terps act as great thermal fluid. You freeze your cannabinoids fraction, and your gas and terp/volatile fraction will stay a thick syrup consistency. You can pour off the liquid fraction, and go straight into processing the frozen cannabinoids in a reX solvent, or in a decarb oven.

With pan tek you need 1-10 days to form the sugar, you gotta scrape the dish, weigh and load a centrifuge spin the terps off that you have exposed to oxygen and heat, and then reX or Decarb

3 Likes

how are you getting from the separated high thca fraction to isolate?

Just scrape your jar or column, processes it, or reX

Could someone point me in the right direction of when to say “done” on your sugars? and how to properly purge them?

Residual solvent informed purge.

In house or third party analytics…

1 Like

last time i tried a cold crash in a jar the bottom fraction just melted back into a super saturated solution. crashed out fairly fast, but didnt get to an isolate. active cold crash with a recovery pump will crash into isolate tho

Correct.

What do you need DRY isolate for though? That product isn’t in a huge demand. A majority of the small to medium businesses ive been in and worked with cant really afford to spend that extra time, or buying active recovery columns for isolate. It would shut the machine down for to long every shift, for a product that dosent have alot of demand,

its like cooking a steak bud, you gotta do a it a few times. some stuff dries quicker than others etc.

honestly doesnt need much though. 24hrs at 80f is plenty if you want to be safe.

can always do the old school paperclip lighter test if you want lol or just dab it

we use it in a few of our products. and have people looking to buy bulk

1 Like

heard, gave some a stir that I thought was done and it turned into a badder/sugar mix, why I am asking. I am guessing you go right into purge when “done”?

A few people have messaged me for info on cold crashing, looking for in depth SOP’s. I don’t mind showing you the rabbit hole, but I’m not taking a trip down with you. However Hash Fight is doing a crash course online and it has all the info you would need for active or passive cold crashing and beyond.

If you are interested hit me up and I can pass you a promo code. This is a great opportunity to improve your own skill sets, and to improve the efficiency of your lab, and bring products to market exponentially faster.

3 Likes

Cold crash would work. I’ve had good results as well agitating it then covering with parafilm.

This doesn’t seem like the correct tool….

Because: 1) dubious chemical compatibility 2) it’s gas permeable

Can you tell us more?!?