Lead contamination from shotguns on property I am considering to purchase

Afghani hash is the only one you should have to worry about depleted uranium from shelling.

Moroccan, Nepali, and the Indian charas should all be good on that at least.

4 Likes

Yea so why not just throw some fiber seeds on the land where potential contamination is

3 Likes

perhaps because you then need to harvest (and dispose of the biomass as hazardous waste).

1 Like

I think that’s cheap compared to having your standard topsoil site.

Idk just throwing out the greenest solution :joy:

I live in Puerto Rico. What side of the island your looking to purchase land at? I know a few locations for sale that carries the correct zoning for hemp cultivation.

1 Like

I like the west coast Rincon/Aguadilla/Isabella. I found a perfect property in Isabella that I am in the process of purchasing, so if all goes well my real estate search will be over soon. In the short term I will be using the property for an ecotourism glamping business, but in the longer term I am considering moving my hemp breeding business from the US to PR. So if that happens I will definitely reach out to you for advice.

1 Like

It turns out the shotgun shells are from dove/pigeon hunters. I was confused at first because many of the shells were labeled as for target shooting, and at one property there was so many it looked like a shooting range. The new property I found which hopefully I will be buying soon only has a dozen or so shells, so its not a major issue.

For other people who encounter this issue, you should consider that most remediation methods will address the lead currently in the soil, but wont stop continued leaching over time. So you may have to do multiple rounds of remediation at regular intervals to address it.

1 Like

I get the concern about lead contamination but I feel like 9 out of 10 agricultural properties will have been hunted or used as a shooting range. Literally all my hunting buddies hunt and shoot on private ag land. For example in MN nearly every corn feild is hunted for birds. In CA there are actually farmers that rent out their rice feilds for blinds. Some of these rice feilds have been converted to hemp cultivation without issue.

4 Likes