DavidB GoFundMe for funeral costs and scholarship

5 people hit me up today to ask if I heard what happened to David B.

RIP you crazy mad scientist.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/david-bruch-medical-expensesmemorial-scholarship?utm_campaign=p_cf+share-flow-1&utm_medium=copy_link&utm_source=customer

47 Likes

Bro are you sure?

5 Likes

Been devastated all day.

Great friend. Lots of amazing memories. Ups and downs but always had each others backs for years. You taught me so much. Glad to call you a great friend and Rest In Paradise. See you on the otherside.

I hope you are looking down smoking the fattest spliff ever like old times.

31 Likes

damn; its true… i posted this in the rise in lab explosions thread last night, didnt know it was him just saw it come up on to my IG feed…

RIP David you were a good dude, always enjoyed talking shop with you :frowning:

26 Likes

I wonder if the folks on the vespiary know about this yet

2 Likes

Not 100%, but a bunch of reputable people told me, and have now confirmed.

6 Likes

Me and Lily want to do something for him and his family, go fund me maybe? @BrotanicalMatt @RockSteady

17 Likes

whatever we can do to help im down…

ugh, so this is so surreal.

Let us celebrate davids life, and the contributions he made to the industry. Let us learn through him, let us never grow complacent when it comes to safety in the lab; we as chemists live our lives with one foot in the grave and one foot in the burn ward. Let his death not be in vain.

35 Likes

It’s never a good thing to see one of our kind go. It’s very unfortunate and saddening and I feel for his family. Rest in Good Sir

6 Likes

This is saddening and terrible. I have some money to put toward a gofund me whenever it is set up.

10 Likes

Of course.

I’ll try to ahold of his parents.

6 Likes

I have been waiting for an update since rocksteady shared this earlier. So many good people in it, in LA. This hits home. Rest in peace. Met at the glg mjbiz event in Vegas with other legends of Nevada I believe.

Any updates on the survivors and other losses? That’s tough to read.

6 Likes

Three dead. Two in the lab and David got out but suffered severe burns on 90%+ of his body.

The survivors - One in ICU and other in a less critical condition.

Probably only survivor of the accident.

5 Likes

I’m so sorry.

3 Likes

This was David…

We were gonna meet up at the glg event too I wanted to try and squash beef with him

This ones getting to me

8 Likes

He definitely was down to party. I remember him being a character in the one brief time we raged. XD I was lit af

4 Likes

David was a character forsure.

I’ll miss him a lot. That’s a fact.

Having a glass for him now.

6 Likes

Out of respect for David, I’d like to ask nobody post here the pics of him burnt up that the news is spreading

42 Likes

I’ll always remember that thc o he made dude

Best cannabinoid I’ve ever tried

8 Likes

I concur.

4 Likes