Its all about the Delta 9

SO its been a big topic of conversation in a lot of different threads. So lets make it a thread.

So the legality of hemp is LESS THAN .3% DELTA9 THC. This leaves a lot of questions.
Can you have THCa Distillate at 90% THCA .3% delta 9
Can you do the same with Delta 8?
Can you make a product from Delta 8 and sell it online or in a store legally?

5 Likes

One thing that is not clear is;
Is the % value for THC-A converted to (potential) Delta9 (x0.88) for distribution qualifications.

I think you might run into a problem proving the 90% thca distillate was from “industrial hemp”.

2 Likes

Yea so by this logic I should just sell all my thca online.

PS how u getting thca into distillate? Only way would be to add it in after distillation

4 Likes

I was just gona say
Thc-a distallate is probably not possible
I run deep vacuum haven t achieved that yet

2 Likes

How do you add the a back once it’s decarbed?

Am I missing something??

1 Like

[quote=“CBDHempire, post:1, topic:43007”]
So
[/quote]Decarboxylation Efficiency - #4 by srihugh1
Well latest news and seems accurate
Sinds i started calluculating is decarboxilating takes more a factor 0.68 srihugh1
25d
The theoretical conversion of THCA into d9THC is .877, but the real conversion rate is .68 because the reaction does not occur perfectly. So 100 grams of THCA converts to 68 grams of d9THC in the real world.
Hugh Goldsmith
SRI Instruments
We make the equipment to measure the THCA and d9THC

This is if not mistaken explaind by someone from sri instruments
Recently

2 Likes

Carboxylation. As to how i read once how but ill have to dig to find it again. @Killa12345

1 Like

@anon93688 or @richpel have a way of geting that done (darn wizzards)

3 Likes

That’s the smart people club. Lol. I’m sure it takes some crazy chemicals we can’t get our hands on. They don’t let Neanderthals like me around dangerous stuff.

4 Likes

Aa far as i know and this is state of new york legistlation
No product may have more than 0.3% hemp derived thc in it s content
Any thc or thc analog may not be in any product at more than 0.3% thc hemp derived
On my question if the production of cbn is allowed the answer was if i can prove that i make it in such a manner that at no time there is a higher than 0.3% thc
Amount in the reaction yes
Since i can not especialy with their limited solvent rules (ethanol and CO 2 )
So since every state has their own rules this is a tread full of unknowns :cry:

2 Likes

Yeah I meant thc a crystals not distillate. Thinking delta 8 dist

1 Like

A lot of moving parts on this one. Farm Bill is the law, states 0.3% d9 THC dry weight. USDA required to develop regulations and guidance (not yet published). State plans submitted to USDA for approval must use post-decarboxciliated OR an eqivalent method. GC/FID testing by design is a post-decarboxciliated method, thus would report Total THC. HPLC does not decarboxciliate the sample and thus reports separate values for THC and THCA. Some states have said these are equivalent methods ¶ under the respective research programs. Other states are silent. Will be interesting to see what guidance USDA provides on this, as it’s a major distinction. Furthermore, USDA has not yet approved any state commercial plan.

For the time being: was the hemp grown under a 7605 state research license? If so, and under .3% THC dry wt, you’re good federally, but then you’re subject to each state’s different definitions and testing criteria. Note that it applies to shipping and receiving states. In transit states cannot interrupt a 7605 hemp (or hemp product) shipment. If not under 7605, technically an illegal crop, period until the USDA publishes regs.

1 Like

The same way you get cbd a in disty :wink:

Distill it on a wiper undecarbed lmao

Jkjk

1 Like

Delta 8 is an isomer of cbd, according to the law all isomers from the hemp plant are legal as long as under .3%thc and derived from hemp

1 Like

Yeah I got recarb awhile back but haven’t tried on large scale yet. No time/no money kind of thing

3 Likes