Is it possible to turn live resin beach sand into vape juice?

I have a gram of schrom live sand that I thought should be really easy to turn into vape juice, but I can’t find hardly anything on live sand. Or if someone could point me in the right direction of where to learn about it? Could I just add some terpenes to it and vape it? I had people telling me to make sure I decarb it. But I’m thinking that is wrong info! Isn’t it true that you only need to decarb live resin if you intend to make edibles with it? Not it you plan to smoke or vape it? I don’t want to mess this up and ruin the whole thing. Maybe I’m just better off sprinkling this stuff on top of a bowl? I know it works perfectly fine that way! Thanks for the help!

If you must, melt it in a sealed mason jar

1 Like

Yeah…

Just put it on a bowl…

4 Likes

Decarbing would be good advice if you intend to put it into a cartridge. You’ll also want a syringe with an 18 gauge blunt tip needle.

Decarbing such a small amount will be a pretty inaccurate science, but you can toss it in the oven at 250°F until you stop seeing bubbles grow out of it. Don’t rush this process, generally takes an hour or so depending on agitation, which you won’t have. Just as a note, what you’ll be doing is removing cooh molecules from your thca which will allow it to remain a liquid, aside from other things, but you’ll be able to observe this process because you can see the co2 molecules that form rising from the solution. When there are no more co2 bubbles coming out you’ve completed the process.

Then let it cool to around 160-170°F add your terps. Stir until you think you’ve got a good homogenous mixture, but keep it from cooling down too much. Then in one quick move pull your .8-.9g you have left into your syringe and inject it into your cartridge.

Alternatively, you can just sprinkle it on joints and blunts a little at a time.

4 Likes

you found nothing on “live sand” because that is essentially irrelevant to your goal. look at ANY “how do I get BHO into a cart”.

if you want something that works in a cart, you need to get the viscosity right. the simple way to do that with any THCA rich extract is to decarb.

the problem with decarbing your live resin, is that you’ll darken it and wreck the terpene profile (which you paid extra for).

you could add diluents (terps maybe), but again, that is likely to wreck your concentrate (there IS such a thing as too many “terps”).

you certainly don’t want crystaline THCA in a cart. again, best way to make sure that doesn’t happen is to turn (most of) it into THC (decarb).

you might consider Decarb under pressure to retain terps?

or get yourself an actual dab rig…

3 Likes

Don’t ever decarb terps.

Spin in a bench top centrifuge with fritted filters.

Decarb diamonds/solid isolate. Reformulate the HTE back into the decarb at low temperature.

Fill carts at formulation.

Watch everyone come running back from your carts.

Free :spoon:

11 Likes

Thanks guys, you all just helped me understand all this a lot better. I just want to be clear what I’m working with here. This is a pic of what I have. Will this bubble during decarb? Because its certainly not like any resin or rosin I’ve ever worked with. More like kief, just much more potent. Or will this melt down during decarb? Because it doesn’t seem to melt like regular concentrates on a bowl.

Also, should I crush these little pebbles before I decarb? And yes, that is the plan. To put them in a cartridge. IF I decide to risk destroying this stuff. I may just smoke it regular.

But from what I’m gathering there IS no terpene profile with this stuff. And it certainly doesn’t taste like theres any terpene profile. It doesn’t really taste good at all. It will require terps for sure. And I have different gauge needles and syringes and I also have syringe filters, tho I dont see why they would be needed here.

I have a hot plate, but the one thing I don’t have is a centrifuge. Which I’m not sure I would need here. It’s like 90% THCa! Certainly as close to pure as I’ve ever had my hands on. Appreciate the help!

!EDIT! Photos Below

Thanks for that! You are absolutely right, searching for the wrong thing. That BHO search sent me down a rabbit whole. I do have like 5 different terpenes, a diluent and a maximizer. I should have everything I need. It’s just I want to make sure I fully understand the required process before I attempt this.

VG ejuice mix. Heat, stir, cart.

2 Likes

So, I decided to try a small amount. It definitely melts. Looks like it’s doing exactly what it’s supposed to be doing, so far!

Alright so let’s talk a little about what your doing and what you’re starting with compared to what you want.

You have 1g, you want 1ml. These measurements are pretty much equivalent in this case so it seems like a good idea, but there’s a few caveats.

First, when you preform decarboxylation, which is necessary for your desired end product as discussed previously, you will literally be removing weight from your product. In fact, when you’re done with that process alone you will only have .83mls remaining.

You can at least get some weight back by adding the terp blend you want to try, but for something that will be palatable you can’t really add more than 10% so now you’re at .91ml total solution.

Then when you go to draw it all up you’ll lose at minimum .1ml and when you go to dispense it into the cart probably another .05-.1ml from transfer loss. So you’re 1g cart will only end up with .8-.85ml in it.

Not sure what maximizer is.

6 Likes

diluent.

maximizes profit from liters

2 Likes

yep. that’s be decarb. not getting that in a cart though. not enough to transfer…

low temp off quartz vs smeared on weed and set on fire are two totally different experiences. if it has a decent terpene profile, setting said terpenes on fire before huffing them isn’t going to be any fun. see pyrolysis

and don’t take red hot dabs once you do…

https://pubs.acs.org/doi/pdf/10.1021/acsomega.7b01130

how does it SMELL?

more maybe look into a waxmod

3 Likes

Man, your right! When you put it like that, it makes me question if it’s even worth it. Because basically, my main purpose here is, I smoke a lot of weed and I vape a lot of weed. I was thinking I could save money on carts if i could just buy my own concentrate and make vape juice. It would be worth it if I had pounds of the stuff, but working with such a small amount it almost seems like I’ll be spending more than if I just keep getting the prefilled carts.

Maximizer and diluent is just a thickener and a thinner. I had gotten the whole kit from terps USA. It gives you those and 3 terpenes of your choice. I tried mixing it with live hash rosin, but I completely ruined that! I think what I do need to do is just invest in a vape that I can put anything in! Anybody have a suggestion for a good portable vape that will vape anything??

1 Like

It almost has a chemical smell. It certainly doesn’t smell or taste like weed, but it IS strong. Sprinkled on a bowl it strong! But it will even overpower the taste of the weed in the bowl. Do you have a suggestion for a good vape that will vape different materials and concentrates? What about those portable dab kits? Are they any good do you know? Thanks!

Throw that stuff away and if you want a portable dab rig, get a puffco pro from what I’ve read.

A dab rig like that will make your concentrates last longer. Less wasted product if you use them right.

2 Likes