Is it possible to have too big a distillation head on a 5L SPD?

Is a barrier not a plate?

Theoretically a barrier is a type a ā€œplateā€

Yeah, those heads look really interesting and overall badass. I am considering them as well. Kind of afraid Iā€™d end up breaking a $4000 piece of glass tho.

Itā€™s cheaper than MSRP. They are very durrable.

I run that exact style of set up and it works fine.
Runs about a half kilo an hour but Iā€™m using a 6cfm robin air rotary vein two stage pump thatā€™s sub par for sure.

2 Likes

To confirm you run a 45/50 head on a 5L?

Iā€™m pretty positive thatā€™s what it is. Itā€™s pretty big, Iā€™ll check when I get back to the lab on Monday.

1 Like

Learning with professionals, very luckly.

What you are doing is stealing/copying.

everyone need study, do better.

You are pathetic.

you are sad. we save the customer some money when the still oil price being so low.

Jesus Christ Almighty I cannot believe how low youll get. Your responces are dog shit at best. See, Iā€™ve learned not to care about bottom feeder scum through out my years. If I behaved like you in real life I wouldnā€™t have friends.

but i have many friends.

No you donā€™t. You have one or two people that want something from you. Thatā€™s about as good as your usefullness ends.

Do you steal their ideas or work?

2 Likes

I have a 45/50 on a 5l and never have problems

2 Likes

am I right by saying for first pass, a taller head with more plates is better, then for 2nd pass you want a short head with a nice clean pathway?

1 Like

I almost think you want the opposite but Iā€™m definitely not the person with the answers for yhat

1 Like

I took a look its a 34/45. sorry my mistake. I thought it was bigger.

1 Like