Introducing the RotoBooster

“i think space is 10^-6 micron or deeper”

• Outer space 1x10^-4 to 3x10^-15 micron.

Yes space is deeper than 10^-6 like i stated before…
U hit 10^-6 micron or 10^-6 torr? Torr is easy. But if u read my measurement, 10^-6 (micron) is much harder to achieve.

1 Like

@Thetetraguy Itll be interesting to see what my new diff pump can do, breaking dabs is only a 200 liter a second. Mine is 2140 liters a second lol i wonder if this will allow me to pull deeper vac then him

My bad. Just so used to seeing units of Torr stated in that fashion.

1 Like

@The_Oiligarch

How did you find out that your PTFE gasket was leaking? I suspect maybe one of mine on my RE501 5L is leaking since my evaporation rate is slow

You see bubbles start come up when it is filled up and the system is under full vac

It was pretty obvious as I could hear it leaking and vacuum would drop soon as I turned off pump. I got a replacement set of gaskets for my 50l roto and used the same style that was on all other connections and it fixed it.

I should add it was only the connection to the 20l receiving flask that was leaking. It had the gasket style on the right in the photo and it was fixed by using the one on the left:

1 Like

The collection flasks to me seemed to be the biggest source of leaks. Recently, I got a 2" SS elbow to a 1" hose and then connected that to a sanitary keg with relevant fittings and gauges. I had to keep my vacuum pump running constantly otherwise I would lose vacuum in about 10 min. Now I lose about 0.4 MPa overnight. There’s just too many rigid and heavy bodies to make reliable seals easily. I know some people may have more luck than I, but I’m replacing more and more glass in my space with steel whenever I can.

Also, if you have a dual coil with the boiling flaks, one of the connections between the distillation head and the condensing arms will likely be flush if the head isn’t perfectly level. Hard balance to meet. This problem got alleviated once I removed the flasks.