Inline Winterization of subcritical CO2 w/ Alumina

We just released inline EtOH co-solvent injection with CO2 and it says under C1/D2 requirements. It’s going to be an optional module upgrade that can be retrofitted to any of our diaphragm pumping systems. Fraction off your terps first, utilize the co-solvent injection, and you’ll have a homogenized oil pour out of the separator ready for winterization.

Inline wax/lipid filtration isn’t something I can speak to…yet. Remember that waxes and lipids are a useful byproduct for some, catching them in any media is going to create additional downstream work to clean them up if they are being used in any end products.

1 Like

I love how when working with CO2, it always somehow comes back to ethanol :slight_smile:

1 Like

I like LCO2 with a lil bit of Propane

1 Like

In a lot of cases that is true, but ethanol lacks selectivity. I don’t see any EtOH manufacturers coming out with a CO2 module anytime soon, because if they did they’d be making a CO2 system first with ethanol coming in on the tail end.

Don’t get me wrong, ethanol is a workhorse and is a great fit in a lot of extraction processes. I tell people a few times a week that CO2 isn’t their answer. I think that people should spend more time evaluating their business model rather than extraction methods. Then figure out which method(s) will be the best fit for their operations.

3 Likes

That book was the basis of all of the degumming and pesticide remediation we brought to this industry in 2016

1 Like

$125 per liter cost of goods. Does that include the biomass?