Industrial Scale Processing

We are planting 30k acres and with an estimate of 2000 lbs dry or 6000 lbs wet per acre would equal 180 million pounds roughly of wet biomass. Would take roughly 30 days to harvest that material and then we would need to be at 6 million pounds per day of wet biomass. We have been looking at a running a 32" jacketed stainless pipe 48’ long with a counter current flow screw on the inside. The volume of the pipe is just over 7000L. We wanted to flash freeze material in liquid nitrogen before going into extractor to crush material and fit more in pipe. At a volume of 255 cubic feet of capacity we are figuring out how many runs per hour to have continuous throughput of roughly 18,000 lbs per hour per machine. We figured we need roughly 14 machines running continuously but wanted to build 20-24 so that we can guarantee of hitting the 6 million pounds per day even during maintenance and down time for cleaning. This is getting built based on order we have of 200k kilos per month with money in escrow and surety performance bonds securing contract of 24 billion dollars over 12 months.

4 Likes

Where are you getting this 180 mil pounds of biomass ? International imports?

Ok so what you actually need is the ability to process a minimum of 250,000 lb/hr continuously for 30 days, which means you need to shoot for more like 350k / hr to get anywhere near the actual throughput you need.

Now the $500M budget makes a lot more sense.

With those numbers you’ll need something on the order of 10 runs per hour to hit 18,000 lb/hr/machine. I’d round it up to 15 to be safe.

1 Like

Exactly and and regardless how we get there if we need 20 machines or 100 machines as long as we get that through put.

1 Like

You Said extraction of wet biomass correct ?

And by the way 2000 pounds per acre is very very little so You Will most probably have 2x that yield

When you run auto flower you get half pound to pound per plant. That is what we are designing the system based on an estimate of 2000 lbs per acre which would be our winter/ spring harvest. We have hit as high as 14000 lbs per acre up in Vermont but that us when you put in ground around mothers day and harvest in October.

4 Likes

Well have a looks at a coffee decafinating factory iT s CO2 bases extraction but handels that volume

1 Like

7 Likes

6 Likes

I think a good starting point would what you have on the ground right now. Then you can get individuals to fill in the blanks. I have someone on my team that might be interested in consulting on a project like this. We are already working on the logistics of a similar operating down in Colombia.

4 Likes

Really happy you took the invite to join us @BG305. I knew you would bring a fresh aspect on some of these topics. Thanks for always surprising me with some of the stuff your involved in! :clap::clap::clap::beers:

2 Likes

Thank you for the kind words my bro. I appreciate everyone that contributes on the site and the host. As everyone else on here I’m on a quest for knowledge and if I can share mine and help others along the way it makes it that much sweeter.

7 Likes

Sounds like you need something like this, and lots of them.

Allegedly squeeze-dries the material coming out post extraction removing need for centrifuges (maybe?)

1 Like

Just curious - is the cannabinoid and terpene content lower using auto-flowering genetics when compared to your full-season plants?

I’ve wondered if buying some autoflowering hemp would be nice for some permaculture applications in the PNW.

Also - good luck on all of this! This scale is so far above my head I’m just going to daydream here. Wonder how many other big boys are going to come out of the woodwork…

1 Like

Is that Robin Williams?

6 Likes

You can grow outdoors in Vermont in the winter? You got 14,000 lbs of biomass per acre? I’m calling bullshit lol

2 Likes

Yeah, it’s kind of a far fetch being on a forum with 500m looking to build the biggest grow in the US in 4 months. It can be done but as I said before, let us know what you have already. We would have to assume(and I hate assuming) that you already have 30k+ acers purchased and peeped for this venture. The + part would be the 20 acers of facilities already built out with infrastructure just waiting for equipment, correct?

6 Likes

Or um climate? Light cycles? You gonna greenhouse all that ? Where are you sourcing that much auto seed? You gonna start them all or direct seed? 2000lb per acre of premium biomass is no slouch farmer. But 14,000? Cmon bub lol

3 Likes

The 30k+ acres is ready for seeds to be dropped in the ground and where waiting till we have time table for equipment to drop the autoflower in ground for spring harvest. There is no infrastructure for the mobile lab yet. Our partners own one of biggest construction companies in country and can have over 3000 construction guys at a job site with a phone call to build any infrastructure or buildings we might need. We just need a design that works n willing to pay great money and work with them to scale to capacity we are looking for. The pictures i put up above is from our Vermont farm and the plants where 12-16’ tall and they hit 14,000 lbs per acre on a 50 acre test field for our genetics. The plant is going to have to be GMP certified and meet all federal guidelines. We are sitting on 2 billion per month in verified orders with funds already in performance surety bonds for a total of 24 billion over the course of 12 months. That’s why we are doing this to have the biomass to guarantee the contracts we have accepted till we take down our fall harvest. It won’t allow me to reply so I will just update post above till I can reply to posts down below.

1 Like