Industrial Filtration Equipment Q&A

Ok so it seems everyone is following the same path “increasing filtration speed via surface area”.
The problem with this is you have a huge filter setup with trolley and such. Why not have a tall skinny settling tank and let the fats sink to the bottom? Then instead of pouring it onto the filter you suck from the top where there’s the least amount of fats. That way at the end all the fats will be at the bottom and not clog the filter.
Am I ahead of the curve or missing something here?

1 Like

Unless your able to get multiple days ahead (in my experience for what your talking about takes a lot of undisturbed time) liquid to liquid works great for a room temp then 1 good fine +/- 1micron and your good to go into roto

The issue comes when you start counting losses of active compounds in the fats, specially since it becomes impractical to wash the fats. There is a function between processing time, efficiency, and total cost of ownership. The trolley is low cost, simple to operate and has good throughput rate given its pricepoint. if you do not wash those fats you will find high losses and increased overall costs.

The only other better alternative is the filter press which is the lowest overall cost when processing at large scales. There are faster machines but are more expensive to purchase and operate, require larger processing volumes an properly trained staff. we have tried an array of centrefuges that just do not work better than the two mentioned solutions.

1 Like

18CFM @100 PSI. Do not exceed 125 PSI.

The pump was mounted for ease of use, not for visual inspection of the manufacturing plate. It is easily dismountable. Please review the pump manual we sent you.

Trust me, RTFM is just how I roll.

However, I’m in a new shop, and there is no sign of a pump manual…but that seems to be the SOP around here…

Edit: turns out I’m installing the same model pump on another peice of equipment today.

And it too was handed to me sans manual!

resistance is futile, documentation will destroyed :wink:

1 Like

better tattoo that $hit on your arm! Every lesson needs a perment mark!

1 Like

We always email all the filter trolleys info to the email address we send the invoice to! If you give me your invoice number I can email you the pump manual ASAP!

I’d consider RTFM across the knuckles, maybe paired with CLUE?

:wink:

Edit: although, “RTFM” probably belongs upside the head. Right where the clue-by-four is best applied/usually seems to land :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Got it. Thanks!

Also located the one that came with the pump I was tasked with installing.

It wasn’t actually in the trash yet, and might have been destined for some designated location besides the circular file.

I’ll explore that Monday :shushing_face:

Pall Corp has excellent options for Lenticular filtration as well. Let me know if you would like some info. Cheers,

1 Like

I got a used Pall lenticular filter and haven’t the slightest on which filters to use or running this bad boy. Can you help me out?

Hello there bouty bouty - yes I can help you for sure.

What is best way to contact you ?

Hey Bouty Bouty - per your recommendation I attended MJ Biz Con - it was amazing.

I can’t find your contact info anywhere but would like to speak with you again…

Can you please remind me best # to reach you ?

Cheers,

Jake