Indoor growers are going to need better filtration

False

I’ve been running a sealed flower room for 4 years. There is absolutely zero need for an air exchange. Then only way mine gets an air exchange, is when I open the door to the room.

1 Like

In general, pollen can travel very long distances (over 15 miles), depending on wind conditions.

This report is specific to a variety of genetically modified grass, which allowed for positive identification. The validity for other pollen types would need verification, but should be assumed valid for cannabis.

1 Like

When a ‘breeder’ is crossing [(herm A) x (herm B)] x [(bx herm A) x (herm C)] I fail to see how there would be anything other than hermaphroditic progeny…

2 Likes

I think that Saharan dust cloud has BHOldman worried :worried:

2 Likes

Found another report, this one specific to cannabis.

1 Like

All the weed in Bakersfield gets seeded

I’ve heard of straight up battles between OD growers in cali. A little pollen landing on a female can really fubar a grow.

1 Like

I got half dozen friends who lost there ass from hemp pollen in Colorado ruining there crops and ended comin back up here cause were not growing hemp in these mountains.

1 Like

lol wat. I don’t see many chads who are getting into making hempcrete, bioplastics, fiber, etc.

The largest contributors to this are probably large-scale traditional ag farmers who planted hundreds of acres of non-feminized seed (usually heeding the advice of a “consultant”) - the same farmers who are still sitting on massive amounts of biomass.

OregonCBD’s push to mandate indoor-only cultivation of male hemp was a bit irrational, there’s really no way to stop this. It’ll be funny if in 10 years the only places you can reliably cultivate female cannabis are indoor facilities, and remote areas like the Emerald Triangle.

2 Likes

This is actually very easy to do. Just duct from outside to the return side of your air handler and as long as it’s fairly airtight, you have positive pressure.

Filtering the makeup air isn’t too tough either, a few MERV 11s will usually do the trick for pollen. HEPA is an option but you need a lot of surface area to develop any real positive pressure

1 Like

Well if there still sitting on it trying to make hempcrete and bioplastic then they have my respect. But who’s really doing that? No really, who’s trying to change the world with hemp and not just get rich quick?

There’s a moratorium against hemp in humboldt. There’s a moratorium against cannabis in Bakersfield. Humboldt is the weed mecca im glad there’s no hemp up here

2 Likes

It wouldnt really work anyway, the topography would make it really hard to commercialize the farming in the hills.

sour diesel was a herm? tell me more

I thought it was Original diesel crossed to a hermed DNL (Northern Lights/Shiva x Hawaiian).

i have a few tales about diesel being related to chemdog and og

Original diesel has chemdawg in it

2 Likes

It most certainly has chemdog in it

Why cant we do both?

iCannBe My Best Self.

1 Like

You must have never been to middle america man. There is enough feral hemp to pollinate the entire fucking country.

6 Likes