I'm Looking to Buy CBN - Do you have any to sell me?

Yes sadly i must admit that i have received 8 us produced CBN distillate samples and not one not one singel one was clean
I have seen a few that where by no means a safe product
I hope that those dealing with this cannabinoid stand firm when buying
And don t buy crap

15 Likes

@Roguelab - that’s scary - and information everyone should know – what specifically should I be testing for ? What did you see in testing?

1 Like

I send them to a chemist friend with sufisticated equipment and he Told me so i have no list yet of known unwanted compounds but i am also trying to have a list made of compounds one can or should look for
Maybe our local wizards can help

@anon93688 @richpel @qga @Photon_noir

I only recomend buying isolate if not from a trusted source

6 Likes

Contaminated with what ? Heavy metals? Toxins? Solvents?

2 Likes

No it s most reagents and high ph

1 Like

Help with what, @Roguelab? I would think a common solvent present in CBN might be xylene or toluene, but is that what you’re asking?

1 Like

Well yes the solvents might still be present but what other side reaction compounds should one be afraid off👍

3 Likes

The best is the New Mexico boys.
Only 99% I’ve seen and no one in real life has said anything bad about selling bunk sops or questionable product.
If you need to get in touch with them ill pass on the contact - they make all the gels for Vegas cbd factory etc.

2 Likes

Are you more talking about the catalysts used in the reaction like DDQ and Iodine or just the solvents used. If someone is selling a novel cannabinoid that is not derived 100% from a natural substrate and needs to be synthesized than they should have to follow same guidelines as chemical synthesis of API’s. Been work on that idea for a while and working on putting together a cGMP facility focused on the minor cannabinoids. We plant to start offering people products that can be guaranteed by NMR and other testing methods as being as guaranteed 100% they are the compound being advertised is.

1 Like

We are launching an API for this purpose and are currently producing CBN via several different methods, we utilize prep chromatography just as stringent as any pharmaceutical company. DM me and I’ll get you in contact with the person in charge.

3 Likes

That depends on how the rxn was performed, of course. The biggest problems I have seen are leftover reactant, isomerization and what appears to be some sort of polymerization product… wherein the results are CBN, Δ8 & Δ10-type isomers of THC, and up to 50% “unknown” that elutes far downfield, near the carrier solvent drop in the chromatography.

3 Likes

Ask these guys for CBN…they are going to control the market.

https://www.globenewswire.com/news-release/2019/10/17/1931132/0/en/Teewinot-Announces-Availability-of-Cannabinol-for-Commercial-Cannabinoid-Market.html

3 Likes

Other wat around good sir

1 Like

What makes you think that? Are they stockpiling or something?

? Il no você?

They been on the olivetol synthase to novels for about 3 years last round just raised another 50M$

No clue what their cogs are on cbn - last time I checked olivetol was more expensive but they are patent deep

1 Like

If they’re synthesizing from olivetol they’re paying up the ass to make cbn.

Olivetol is like 3k a kilo

Much easier to do it from cbd

Also the federal analogue act can apply to this since it’s not a hemp product

6 Likes

I agree and that’s why im interested in collabo on doing the same thing different pathway.
I already have access to the full certified pharma lab, cgmp, in house reagents and everything including equipment rentals, clean rooms, stage 1 clinical testing, offices & board rooms — even has a weight room.

Phyto based…where I want to be. Pharma can have the other side

1 Like