ILL NYE CBD-D8 Conversion Master SOP

Should we branch this off into a new thread?

Label it as @Miles-Beyond and Heisenberg run @iLLnyeTheShatterGuy D8 SOP in real time?

4 Likes

Iā€™m here for it!

Well shit, Iā€™m almost out of d8 so I guess itā€™s time to do another run. Iā€™ll throw some data up of what we come up with as well. I havenā€™t posted much because Iā€™ve still been learning how different parameters change things, but I think itā€™s helpful to see other peopleā€™s reaults with the parameters they used. Digging this thread!

3 Likes

Our failures and mistakes will lead us to victory.

No one has ever been successful without failing and thereā€™s no shame in it.

The internetā€™s a strange beast that breeds a lot of jealousy, contempt, and just assholes in general. At least we are trying which is more then I can say for others.

Soā€¦

THROW THAT DATA AND PERIMETERS UP!

6 Likes

Your title is catchy and has the merit of being clear on the subject, and the various speakers. I think that following the thread would make sense, in any case, it promises to be very interesting!
Many thanks to @iLLnyeTheShatterGuy @Miles-Beyond @HeisenbergInd for their work and sharing!

Sharing and knowledge are the most beautiful plants to cultivate.

2 Likes

Iā€™m running spd ramping from room temp to 185c stir at 450. Condenser at 120c. Heads just about to rear their ugly head. Pics coming when it starts coiling

2 Likes

Jesusā€¦ that didnā€™t take ya long lol

Take it you already had the RXN completed and roto done?

Much thanks :pray:t3:

Depending on what micron for vac youā€™re getting down to, turn your condenser to 100c instead of 120, youā€™ll be able to pull some water in that 5L no problem, stir at 300-350. :call_me_hand:t3:

1 Like

What rxn parameters did you guys go with? The last run I did was 60C for 60min and it came out very clean.

I think a new thread with you guys and others who want to do live or pictures/videos of their isomerizations etc is a good idea that way people can see every step and compare notes as to when something works or doesnā€™t

2 Likes

We are gonna run @iLLnyeTheShatterGuy SOP. Perimeters may change throughout the process. I just watch while I run. But, for the most part, itā€™ll be pretty much identical

Yeah Iā€™d be game for that. I havenā€™t kept my notes as tight as they should be. If Iā€™m going to be posting my work, Iā€™m going to keep much tighter notes so it will keep me more accountable.

2 Likes

Once I start Iā€™m going to be using 99% CBD isolate, ptsa but different solvents mainly toluene/heptane/dcm and petroleum ether and different times and temperatures and compare all the results to see which produces the best out come. Will be just running 10g reactions to find out first before scaling up, hopefully anyway

2 Likes

Start one up and tag usā€¦

Use the title idea I listed from above or a variation

1 Like

yes. late last night. You may catch upā€¦polysci chiller just crapped out. luckily have another board so I have to install that and see if its fixed

2 Likes

Tagged yous in he new thread

1 Like

Damn, broā€¦ that sucks

@Miles-Beyond

He mentions stir speed 1 time during homogenizing the heptane and CBD but nothing past that.

Am I safe to assume it stays there (kinda goes against everything Iā€™ve ran) or do you go full tilt on her?

I used a sep funnel until rotovap. once in the spd I stir about 400-500 while ramping up tp distillation parameters.

1 Like