Ignore

Good point, and great idea. A hiring company needs a good customer service team. I’d love to lead a team like that!

1 Like

Eh, it seems foolish not to staff any canna job. It will most likely cost little additional overhead and only add to your bottom line.
Imagine placing a wook now and then placing them in a directors job years later. You profit off of their entire career, also you can help good guys level up.
Also consider dropping those fees to 10% of the first year. This should encourage participation from the best of the best

Idk. Im taking a safety meeting break and spitballing. Cool idea

3 Likes

Business 101

Don’t lower your prices to compete

Raise your value.

15 Likes

Kick the difference back to the employee after a year?
This way the chads still pay and the talent has incentive to work with you.

1 Like

Delete

3 Likes

Yeah you’re probably right. I just haven’t encountered a non-cannabis staffing agency in many years lol

My S.O. has a friend who does it working remotely so I wanted to give her the benefit of the doubt. From conversations with her it’s basically a sales job. They use applicant references to create a lead for the agency when they call up the former employers. They don’t actually care about the individuals references, they just want to get their contacts. Just seemed like a leach industry.

4 Likes

Delete

3 Likes

Big Canna in the states is laughable, great idea. Let me know if I can do anything to help.

4 Likes

you are thinking of starting a staffing agency… should that be in italics??

1 Like

Missed the italics on that one.

1 Like

What happens when one of the people with made up experience gets picked up for a high level position and can’t hack it because they don’t actually have the skills/experience they claim to have?

2 Likes

Missed the italics on that one

No shit! I considered taking a recruiter position and when I went to the interview, the recruiters looked like they where in a call center. It was nuts

1 Like

in my area there are jobs listed online but they are all for corporate type places like cresco where employees are taken advantage of.

1 Like

then they come to future and scam people.

Haha yea some real Glengarry Glen Ross type shit. I know because I worked at a high end medical recruitment company a number of years back. Everyone was 100% commission and taking a draw. Dont get me wrong you can make some coin, but yea its hardcore, cut throat sales with a some babysitting mixed in :rofl:

Ive also started my own short lived Placement/Recruiting Company and consulted to start another one.

2 Likes

Then you did a bunch of work for nothing. They will likely be let go before their “probation” period ends and you will not have fulfilled the terms of your contract. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Agreed Cresco is shit. I have ran their product and its hot garbage. Seriously some of the worst biomass I’ve ever ran. If that’s how they treat their plants I could only imagine how they treat their employees.

2 Likes

That’s definitely not business 101.

There’s three ways to make money when starting.

Same quality product at a cheaper price.
Better product at the same price.
A niche product at an appropriate value.

All three are good ways to make money.

Raising value isn’t always on the table because it costs substantially more money than being efficient and being able to be cheaper.

6 Likes

What you guys i think are missing in staffing is, your client is the employer you are contractually and fiduciary obligated to work to get qualified applicants at the best prices.