Ice Tek Chiller info

We have someone new taking over the Iced Tech repair - I’m quite confident in his ability to get it running consistently - if all goes well, more details to come.

1 Like

Sounds good good luck and let me know if you would like to talk to the guys that created the concept before bhogart halfass copied it, sounds like they’ve fixed a few “iced tech”s

1 Like

I’d love to hear their take on it!

1 Like

Call these guys. perma.cool 747.208.1001

As far as the installation. The solvent tank scale promised for delivery yesterday morning still hasn’t shown up so I can’t charge its batteries fully, assemble the scale’s feet, place and level it, let it hang out and get comfy, and then load it by placing the solvent tank on it.

And the air compressor plumbing scheduled for delivery the day I showed up, didn’t arrive until yesterday afternoon, so Frosty’s younger brother and I spent the afternoon roughing in the French made Infinity air piping, and fitting pipe suspended about 2 1/2 feet above a 20’ drop ceiling over their water hash lab, and today penetrating the C1D1 enclosure, to find we are about 18" short on a 16’ length of pipe. And we have more pipe, but they’d estimated one union and ordered three, and estimated three elbows and ordered five; and received one union and two elbows or something dumb. So we’ll see if it’s possible to source the fittings locally (probably not ).

I spent three hours chasing down stainless power strut / unistrut/ any shallow strut that I can put in the extraction room and two places that said they hadn’t didn’t have it so we’re fucked there.

And we put together a parts take off for Permacool yesterday after suppliers wer closed and we’ll see what other fun’s in store for Monday after the Parker hose store!

But for real, I love these big projects, stoked to get to work with some great people and make a clean, safe, functional solvent hash lab come to life!

I’ll share permacool updates here, its all on their instagram and Frosty’s

5 Likes

Expansion side is now getting down to around 4PSI on this unit I believe.

2 Likes

So I’ve been working with iced tech since the first iteration. This was made by the permacool guys. Install was a joke safeties disconnected from the compressor controls, heat exchanger was not properly set up. Basically got super ripped off for a POS that didn’t do what it claimed, with no warranty or guarantees.

Now Bhogart has taken over and is doing “better” I’m still using it but have blown out 2 compressors so far.
New model uses tube in shell. Far more effective but needs to be oversized. I think I understand the dynamics of it better than the techs over there.
Basically it’s a Copeland scroll 3 phase AC compressor skid with liquid cool injection(value4-4.5k), plus a 50 ton (I believe) tube in shell heat exchanger (value 1400$). So the system is overpriced and they never give you specs or filling parameters. For that price (15k at least) it should come with thermocouple and solenoid valves. They didn’t even spring for the digitally controlled compressor that would have cost only aroun 1-1,5k more and would have had way better control features.

It works for my application and I am making very high quality extracts, but I use 2 compressors with tube in shell for recovery and one compressor with brazed plate for liquid injection.

Injection holds at around 6-9psi On the compressor which is I believe is around -20F
With 2 compressors for recovery on 2 6cfm mvps I see 6-14 psi which is around -20 to -10 (I’m
Double checking my temp/pressure Chart and will update with more accurate temp ranges)

I’m getting 2#/minute fairly solid Recovery speeds.

DO NOT GET THE SINGLE PHASE. Tried it. It sucks.

3 Likes

@farmlife do you still have the ice tech

1 Like

i smiled like a mad man at the perma-cool systems

Yes, we are selling it.

Where r u located and how much do u want for it

Dm me your number