I need a stir bar that actually works!

Nice @Paragon1 thx for sharing let’s see it spinning!!!

2 Likes

Here u go homie!

9 Likes

Holy sheeeeeeeet what’s the rpm on that @Paragon1? Looking forward to seeing your stills flow buddy

1 Like

Not sure of specific rpm in that vid but the nice thing is its easy to measure with one of those tachometer gadgets. I put the reflective tape on the shaft and measure it accurately that way. I put a cherry bounce mash in there that was pretty thick and it stirred the hell out of it. Lol.

5 Likes

Summit’s stir bar definitely a BEAST!

It did seem as though the stir controller may be out of center a hair so I will check that tomorrow before running the new bar.

Either way I have confidence in this 75 dollar guy. I’m running 2x with the old one today but EHO crude tomorrow and that will be the real test. I can say the magnet in Eliot’s stir bar is savage. It kept pulling the other stirbars over when I tried to take the picture.

And I got a sweet summit R&M pin. If I knew that came with the stir bar I never would have complained about prices :rofl::rofl::rofl:.

Quick shipping. Transparent staff. Overall good experience.

4 Likes

Fam, internet hugs

5 Likes

I definitely will not be using anyone but your stir bars. I had one die off, expand and get stuck in the flask and the dudes at the shop i bought it at just stared at me like oh man that sucks broooo

3 Likes

I’m still working on another version with some custom materials but covid is delaying the manufacturer a bit.

4 Likes

Nice lookin bar @spdking

1 Like

Show the pinnnn

So the deliberation is summits got the best stir bar lol and fuck all the alternatives?

3 Likes

that seems to be the consensus!! Summit for the stir bar win

seems like a very small price not to have one fuck up mid run… most of us know the cost of the material in the flask… seems like little things like stir bar, racks/lab stand/ and the ancillary stuff is a second thought…which can really ruin ones day if they fail!

usually summit has the nicest stuff in this department…

9 Likes

Ive been using a cheapo Amazon one lol I get it up to 1500 rpms with no issues but I want to go faster so I think I’ll invest into a summit bar as I have their older China mantle they should work together no issues

1 Like

I have yet to use it. But it makes LS “big stir bar” look kinda like a joke. Again, I respect the fact that this is made FOR cannabis.

@Killa12345 is correct. I had a stir bar go sideways on me yesterday. By that I mean it must have flipped and what should have been the side became the bottom. When this happens the end of the stir bar becomes a point of resistance and I could only get it to 180 on my AI 5L which depending on stir bar ranges from 500 to 1200. Pretty frustrating during commercial production! I admit those LS ones preformed well on our 5L until that point. My lab tech/ chemist actually asked if Summit made a smaller one too. So if big boy does well we will be grabbing some more…

2 Likes

Did you grab the second to biggest one right ?

I got the biggest they had

EDIT- IMO the faster the stir the better… Bigger FASTER STRONGER… Better Disty

The SmCo magnets are the best I’ve found. Last very long and are super resistant to heat degradation.

2 Likes

Are you using the biggest one in a 5l boiling flask or a larger flask, im in a 5l boiling flask with summits old China 5l mantle

how about a stir bar with a bluetooth temp sensor?

3 Likes

Magnets brah.

Plus thermo couples can be made to .1c accuracy easily now adays on mantles.

2 Likes